Dr. Ambarish Ghosh
Date of Birth: 7th January, 1968
- B. E. (Civil Engg.) First Class First, North Bengal University, 1990
- M. Tech. (SMFE), IIT Kharagpur, 1992
- Ph. D. (Environmental Geotechnics), IIT Kharagpur, 1996
- University Medal from North Bengal University, University Topper among the students of all the discipline in the year 1990.
Area of Specialization
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Residence: 2668 6790, 098312 86527
- Fax: 2668 5186
- EMail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head, School of Disaster Mitigation Engineering, BESUS
- Member of National Executive Committee of Indian Geotechnical Society
- Hony. Secretary, Indian Geotechnical Society, Kolkata Chapter
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Life Member of Indian Geotechnical Society
- Fellow of Institute of Engineers (India)
- (CE – 70X) Disaster Mitigation
- (CE – 804/7) Environmental Geotechnics
- (CE 703) Foundation Engineering
- (CE 708) Foundation Engineering Sessional
- (CE 803/2) Geotechnical Investigation and Practices (Elective I)
- (CE 401) Surveying - II
- (CE 503) Surveying - III
- (CE 403) Planning Drawing & Estimation
- (CE 603) Soil Mechanics – II
- (CE 608) Soil Mechanics Laboratory
- (CE 405) Planning Drawing & Estimation (Sessional)
- (CE 808) Structural Engineering Laboratory
- (CE 404) Concrete Technology Laboratory
- (CE 201) Introduction to Computing
- (CE X) Transportation Engineering Laboratory
- (CE/P/GT/501) Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- (CE/P/GT/502) Environmental Geotechnics
- (CE/N/G-101) Advanced Soil Mechanics –I
- (CE/N/G-205) Advanced Soil Mechanics –II
- (CE 1033) Ground Improvement Techniques
- (CE/N/G-403) Ground Improvement Techniques
- Utilization of Solid Waste in Civil Engineering Applications
- Environmental Aspects of Fly Ash Utilization
- Geotechnical Aspects of Fly Ash Utilization
- Design and Construction of roads with soil/solid waste
- Modelling for Utilization of Stabilized Fly Ash in Waste Containment Liner Application
- Use of Geocomposites for Liner Application
- Stabilization of Sludges Containing Toxic Metals
- (b) Ground Improvement Techniques
- Remediation for Contaminated Soil
- Use of Geotextiles to Solve Geotechnical Engineering Problems
- Ground Improvement for Liquefaction Hazard Mitigation
- Use of Geotubes in Civil Engineering Applications
- Numerical Modelling for Geotechnica Engineering Problems
- Study on Dynamic Properties of different Materials and liquefaction Hazard mitigation
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- Chakraborty, Ritwik, Ghosh, Ambarish, Sudipta Ghosh and Mukherjee Somnath (2015), Evaluation of Contaminant Transport Parameters for Hexavalent Chromium Migration through Saturated Soil Media, Environmental Earth Sciences, Springer,
- Chowdhury, I., Ghosh, A., and Dasgupta, S. P. (2015), Stiffness Degradation and Damping Augmentation of Soil under Earthquake Loading, EJGE, Vol (20), pp. 3851-3874.
- Chowdhury, I., Ghosh, A., and Dasgupta, S. P. (2015), Dynamic Soil Structure Interaction of Structures Resting on Soil under Earthquake Loading, Indian Geotechnical Journal, Springer p-ublished online 31st May 2015.
- Pal, Sujit and Ghosh, Ambarish. (2014). Volume Change Behavior of Fly Ash–Montmorillonite Clay Mixtures, ASCE, International Journal of Geomechanics, Vol. 14 (1), pp 59-68.
- Chakraborty, Ritwik and Ghosh, Ambarish. (2013). Three- Dimensional Analysis of Contaminat Migration through saturated Homogeneous Soil Media using FDM, ASCE, International Journal of Geomechanics, Vol. 13 (6), pp 699-712.
- Bagui,S.K. and Ghosh,A. (2012). “Uses of Anti Glare Screen Barrier in Economic, Financial Analysis and Determination of Optimal Debt Capacity Ratio for a Road Project, Korean Society of Civil Engineering,16(7),1104-1114
- Bagui,S.K. and Ghosh,A. (2011e). “Traffic and Revenue Forecast at Risk for a BOT Road Project”. Accepted by Korean Society of Civil Engineering
- Bagui,S.K. and Ghosh,A. (2012). “Evaluation of NPV at Risk.”Jordan Journal of Civil Engineering,6(2),243-254.
- Swapan Kumar Bagui and Ambarish Ghosh (2012), Economic and financial analysis for polymer modified bitumen, Malaysian Journal of Civil Engineering 24(1), pp. 96-106.
- Chakraborty, Ritwik and Ghosh, Ambarish. (2012). “Analysis of 1D contaminant migration through saturated soil media underlying aquifer using FDM.” Journal of Hazardous, Toxic, and Radioactive Waste Mgmt., ASCE, 16(3), 229-242.
- Pal S. K. and Ghosh A. (2012). Hydraulic Conductivity of Fly Ash- Montmorillonite Clay Mixtures, Indian Geotechnical Journal.
Book/ Proceedings Published
- Proceedings of the Short Term Course on Soft Soil Engineering edited by B C Chattopadhyay, K K Chattopadhyay and A Ghosh, held in May 2008.
- Proceedings of the National Workshop on Damage Assessment Retrofitting and Strengthening of Buildings edited by A L Guha, K K Bhar, A Ghosh, held in January 2005, Kolkata.