Dr. Debasis Datta
Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Ph.D. (Mechanical Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India, 1996
- Master of Mechanical Engineering, (M.M.E.) Jadavpur University, India, 1986
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, (B.M.E., Hons.) Jadavpur University, 1984
- Office: 2668 4561 to 4564 (Ext. 298)
- Fax: 2668 2916
- Residence: +91 98303 49590
- E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Area of Research
- Ultrasonic NDE
- Finite Element Analysis of Machine Components and Simulation of Acoustic Wave propagation
- Ultrasonic Tomography
- Application of Fractal Analysis in NDE
- General Mechanical Engineering (for Met. E. Students at Bengal Engineering College)
- Elements of Mechanical Engineering (for Elec. E. Students at Bengal Engg. College)
- Introduction to Machine Design (for 2nd year M.E. Students at Bengal Engg. College)
- Design of Machine Elements – I (for 3rd year Students of Mechanical Engineering)
- Design of Machine Elements – II (for 3rd year Students of Mechanical Engineering)
- Numerical Methods in Engineering (for 3rd year Students of Mechanical Engineering)
- Introduction to the Finite Element Method (for 4th year Students of Mechanical Engineering)
- Composite Materials – I
- Composite Materials – II
- Finite Elements in Mechanical Systems
- Design Optimization
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- S. Samanta and D. Datta (2010): Ultrasonic detection of inclusion type defect in a composite panel using Shannon entropy, Electronic Journal of Non-Destructive Testing (eJNDT, ISSN: 1435-4934, ID: 8700).
- S. Samanta and D. Datta (2010): Experimental and numerical simulation based assessment of Kevlar composite specimens under ballistic impact, Electronic Journal of Non-Destructive Testing (eJNDT, ISSN: 1435-4934, ID: 9987).
- N. Nayak, A. Banerjee, and D. Datta (2012): Ultrasonic assessment of bullet inflicted damage in aramid laminated composites, Defence Science Journal, Vol. 62, No. 3, pp. 153-158.
- P. Maji, A. Roychowdhuri and D. Datta (2012): Investigating the morphology of the proximal femur of Indian population towards designing more suitable THR implants, Journal of Long Term Effects of Medical Implants (ISSN: 1050-6934/11), Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 49-64.
- P. Maji, A. Roychowdhuri and D. Datta (2013): Minimizing stress shielding effect of femoral stem – a review, Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics, American Scientific Publishers (USA), Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 171-178.
- P. Maji and D. Datta: Cluster Analysis of Osteological Parameters of Femur in standardizing its stem size for Indian population, accepted for publication in the Indian Journal of Biomechanics.
- S. K. Dey, D. Datta and S. Samanta: Ultrasonic Imaging of Ballistically Impacted Plates using DIVFRP Clustering Method, J. Inst. Eng. India Ser. C (October–December 2014) 95(4): 367–374.
- A.Banerjee, S.Dhar, S.Acharyya, D.Datta and N.Nayak: Determination of Johnson cook material and failure model constants and numerical modelling of Charpy impact test of armour steel, Materials Science & Engineering A 640 (2015) 200–209.