Date of Joining: 15th February 2006
Date of Birth
17th November, 1970
- B. E (Electrical) from Jadavpur University, India in 1993;
- M. E (Electrical) from Bengal Engineering College (Deemed University), India in 1998;
- PhD – from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India in 2003
- Office: (033) 26684561-64, Ext. 594
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Electrical Machines and Drives
- Electrified Vehicles
- Distributed Generation
- FACTS controllers
- Power Electronics
- Electrical Drives
- Commutatorless DC Machines, Brushless DC Machines and Switched Reluctance Machines
- DC Commutator Machines
- Linear Control Systems
- Electrical Circuit Theory
- Basic Electrical Engineering
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- Xiaomin Lu, K.L.V. Iyer, Kaushik Mukherjee and N. C. Kar, “Investigation of Integrated Charging and Discharging Incorporating Interior Permanent Magnet Machine with Damper Bars for Electric Vehicles”, accepted in IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, August 2015.
- Chunyan Lai, K.L.V. Iyer, Kaushik Mukherjee and N.C. Kar, “Analysis of Electromagnetic Torque and Effective Winding Inductance in a Surface-Mounted PMSM during Integrated Battery Charging Operation”, accepted in IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, May 2015.
- Xiaomin Lu, K.L.V. Iyer, Kaushik Mukherjee, K. Ramkumar and N. C. Kar, “Investigation of Permanent Magnet Motor Drives Incorporating Damper Bars for Electrified Vehicles”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 62, no. 5, November 4, 2014 (date of publication), issue dated May 2015, pp. 3234-3244 (DOI 10.1109/TIE.2014.2367023).
- Kaushik Mukherjee, K. L. V. Iyer, Xiaomin Lu and N. C. Kar, “A Novel and Fundamental Approach Toward Field and Damper Circuit Parameter Determination of Synchronous Machine”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 49, No. 5, Sept-Oct. 2013, pp. 2097-2105.
- Xiaomin Lu, K.L.V. Iyer, Kaushik Mukherjee, N. C. Kar, “Development of a Novel Magnetic Circuit Model for Design of Premium Efficiency Three-Phase Line Start Permanent Magnet Machines With Improved Starting Performance ,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 49, no. 7, 2013 (Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/TMAG.2013.2242869 ), pp. 3965-3968.
- Xiaomin Lu, K.L.V. Iyer, Kaushik Mukherjee, N. C. Kar, “A Novel Two-Axis Theory-Based Experimental Approach Towards Determination of Magnetization Characteristics of Line-Start Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machines”, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 49, no. 8 Part I, 2013 (Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/TMAG.2013.2259152), pp. 4733-4737.
- S. B. Chaudhury, M. Sengupta and Kaushik Mukherjee, “Experimental study of induction motor misalignment and its online detection through data fusion”, IET Journal Elect. Power Appl., vol.7, no.1, Jan. 2013, pp. 58-67.
- X. Lu, K. L. V. Iyer, Kaushik Mukherjee, and N. C. Kar, “A Dual Purpose Triangular Neural Network Based Module for Monitoring and Protection in Bi-directional Off-board Level-3 Charging of EV/PHEV”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 3, no. 4, December 2012, pp. 1670-1678.
- X. Lu, K. L. V. Iyer, Kaushik Mukherjee, and N. C. Kar, “A Wavelet/Particle Swarm Optimization based Voltage Regulation Scheme and Suitability Analysis of Copper- and Aluminum-rotor Induction Machines for Distributed Wind Power Generation”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 3, no. 4, December 2012, pp. 1923-1934.
- K. L. V. Iyer, X. Lu, Kaushik Mukherjee, and N. C. Kar, “A Novel Two-Axis Theory based Approach towards Parameter Determination of Line-Start Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machines”, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 48, no. 11, November 2012 pp. 4208-4211.