Dr. Nil Ratan Bandyopadhyay
Professor & Head
Dr. M. N. Dastur School of Materials Science and Engineering
Dr. Nil Ratan Bandyopadhyay joined the institute in 2000
- Ph.D. (University of Calcutta, 2000)
- M.E. (Jadavpur University, 1985)
- B.E. (University of Calcutta, 1975)
- Office: +91 33 2668 4561/62/63 (ext- 636), 033 2668 8140 (Direct)
- Office: Room No. MST 207, Dr. M. N. Dastur School of Materials Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, Howrah: 711103
- Residence: 82/C, N.K. Ghosal Road, Kolkata – 700042, West Bengal, India.
- E-Mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physical Metallurgy of Steel
- Materials Characterization
- Energy Materials
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- Arpita Jana, Parukuttyamma Sujatha Devi, Amitava Mitra, Nil Ratan Bandyopadhyay, “Synthesis of blue emitting ZnO nanorods exhibiting room temperature ferromagnetism” - Materials Chemistry and Physics (Article in press)
- Mallar Ray, Arpita Jana, Ujjwal Ghanta, Nil Ratan Bandyopadhyay and Syed Minhaz Hossain, “ Photoluminescence From Oxidized Macroporous Silicon: Nanoripples and Strained Silicon Nanostructures” – IEEE Transactions on Device and Materials Reliability, Vol.13, No.1 (2013)
- T. S. Basu, M. Ray, N. R. Bandyopadhyay, A. K. Pramanick and S. M. Hossain, “Performance enhancement of crystalline silicon solar cell by coating with luminescent silicon nanostructures” – Journal of Electronic Materials, Vol. 42, No. 3, (2013).
- Sahadev Bera & Bhargab B. Bhattacharya, Sarmishtha Ghoshal & Nil R. Bandyopadhyay, “Circularity analysis of nano-scale structures in porous silicon images” - Computational Modelling of Objects Represented in Images – Di Giamberardino et al. (eds) Taylor & Francis Group, London, ISBN 978-0-415-62134-2 (2012)
- Animesh Talapatra, Jayati Datta and N .R. Bandyopadhyay, “Mechanics of Corrosion of TRIP-assisted Steels in different NaCl solutions” – Oriental Journal of Chemistry, 28 (2012), no.3, 1411
- Santanu Basu, P.S. Devi, N.R.Bandyopadhyay, “ Sintering and densification behaviours of pure and alkaline earth (Ba+2, Sr+2 and Ca+2) substituted La2Mo2O9 “ Accepted for publication in European Ceramic Society (2012)
- K.Parmar, N.R.Bandyopadhhay, D. Chongder, S.Bhattacharjee, “Detailed characterization of calcium silicate precipitation tube (CaSPT) as a multi-cation adsorbent in aqueous medium” – Materials Research bulletin, 47 (2012), 677.
- M. Ray, N. R. Bandyopadhyay, U. Ghanta, R. F. Klie, A. K. Pramanick, S. Das, S. K. Ray and S. M. Hossain, “Temperature dependent photoluminescence from porous silicon nanostructures: quantum confinement and oxide related transitions” - J. Appl. Phys. 110, 094309 (2011)
- Sarmishtha Ghosal, Abul AM Ansar, Sufi O Raja, Arpita Jana, Nil R Bandyopadhyay, Anjan K Dasgupta and Mallar Ray: Superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticle attachment on array of micro test tubes and microbeakers formed on p-type silicon substrate for biosensor applications – Nanoscale Research Letters, 6 (2011), 540.
- Arpita Jana, N.R. Bandyopadhyay, P.Sujatha Devi: Formation and assembly of blue emitting water lily type ZnO flowers – Solid State Sciences, 13 (2011), 1633.