Dr. Rana Roy
Aerospace Engineering & Applied Mechanics
- Ph.D (Department of Civil Engineering, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, 2009)
- ME (Department of Civil Engineering, Bengal Engineering College (D.U), 2001)
- BE (Department of Civil Engineering, Bengal Engineering College (D.U), 1998)
- Office: +91 - 33 - 26684561/62/63 (extension: 278)
- Residence: +91 - 9433154976
- Residence: 197/3, Andul Road, Howrah - 711 109, West Bengal, India
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Area of Research
- Earthquake dynamics of structures
- Dynamic soil-structure interaction
- Earthquake-induced landslides
- Probabilistic seismic analysis
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mechanics of Deformable Bodies
- Analysis of Structures
- Finite Element Method
- Advanced Structural Dynamics
- Theoretical Soil Mechanics
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- Banerjee, A.K., Pramanik, D., and Roy, R. (2016). “Seismic Structural Fragilities: Proposals for Improved Methodology per Spectral Matching of Accelrogram”, Engineering Structures, Elsevier, 111, 538-551.
- Kar, D., and Roy, R. (2016), “Implications of Site Characteristics on Engineering Properties of Ground Motions Using Wavelets”, International Conference on Advances in Dynamics, Vibration and Control, National Institute of Technology Durgapur, India, Feb. 25-27.
- Santra, A., Chakraborty, P. and Roy, R. (2016), “Engineering Significance of Aftershocks: A Retrospective to 2015 Nepal Earthquake”, International Conference on Advances in Dynamics, Vibration and Control, National Institute of Technology Durgapur, India, Feb. 25-27.
- Sengupta, A., Quadery, L., Sarkar, S. and Roy, R. (2015). “Influence of Bi-directional Near-fault Excitations on RC Bridge Piers”, Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)BE.1943-5592.0000836
- Chabroborty, S. and Roy, R. (2015). “Role of Ground Motion Characteristics on Inelastic Seismic Response of Irregular Systems”, Journal of Architectural Engineering, ASCE, Special section on Housing and Residential Building Construction. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)AE.1943-5568.0000185
- Roy, R., Ghosh, D and Bhattacharya, G. (2015). “Influence of Strong Motion Characteristics on Permanent Displacement of Slopes”, Landslides, Springer. DOI: 10.1007/s10346-015-0568-3.
- Roy, R., Thakur, P and Chakroborty S. (2014). “Spectral Matching of Real Ground Motions: Applications to Horizontally Irregular Systems in Elastic Range”, Advances in Structural Engineering, Multi-Sc. U. K., 17(11), 1623-1638.
- Roy, R., Thakur, P and Chakroborty S. (2014). “Scaling of Ground Motions and Its Implications to Plan-asymmetric Structures”, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Elsevier, 57, 46-67.
- Roy, A. and Roy, R. (2014), “Seismic Behaviour of RC Elevated Water Tanks with Shaft Stagings: Effect of biaxial interaction and Ground Motion Characteristics”, Structural Engineering Convention, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India, Dec. 22-24.
- Banerjee, A.K., Pramanik, D. and Roy, R. (2014), “Investigating Seismic Demand due to Bi-directional shaking per IDA based Fragility Curve”, International Conference on computational Mechanics and Simulation, CSIR-SERC, Chennai, India, Dec. 10-13
- Roy, R. and Mahato, S. (2013). “Equivalent Lateral Force Method for Buildings with Setback: Adequacy in Elastic Range”, Earthquakes and Structures, Techno Press, 4 (6), 685 -710.