Santanu Kumar Karmakar
Professor & Ex Head in Dept. of Mech. Engg.
Dean, Alumni Affairs and External Relations
Department of Mechanical Engineering
- B. E. in Mech. Engg. in 1983 from B. E. College, Shibpur under Calcutta University
- M.M.E. in Mech. Engg. (Production Engg. specialization) in 1987 from Jadavpur University
- Ph. D. in Engineering in 1993 from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Office: 2668 4561-4564 (Ext. 357)
- Residence: +91 98311 45516
- E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Research
- Micro and Bio-Tribology
- Friction and Wear Modeling
- Machine Design and Contact Mechanics
- Engineering Materials & Processes (ME403)
- Basics of Machine Design (ME401)
- Design of Machine Elements - I (ME 501)
- Tribo-Design of Machine Elements (ME 701)
- Design of Mechanical Systems (ME 801)
- Fundamental of Tribology (ME 805/1)
- Engineering Tribology (ME 911)
- Industrial Tribology (ME 1011)
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- Banerjee Partha Sarathi, Pradhan Rururaj, Roychowdhury Amit and Karmakar Santanu Kumar; "Investigation of Stresses Developed in Natural and Implanted Human Cervical Spine byFinite Element Method", Journal of Advanced Medical and Dental Sciences Research, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp: 9–18 (2015).
- Santanu Sardar, Santanu Kumar Karmakar, Debdulal Das; “Ultrasonic cavitation based processing of metal matrix nanocomposites: an overview”; Journal of Advanced Materials Research, 2014 vol.1042, pp 58-64.
- Jayanta Biswas, Santanu Karmakar, Santanu Majumder, Partha Sarathi Banerjee, Subrata Saha & Amit Roychowdhury; “Optimization of Spinal Implant Screw for Lower Vertebra through Finite Element Studies”; Journal of Long-Term Effects of Medical Implants; 24(2–3): 99-108 (2014).
- Parthasarathi Sarathi Banerjee, Amit Roychoudhury and Santanu kumar Karmakr; “Morphological and Kinematic Aspects of Human Spine – As Design Inputs for Developing Spinal Implants”; Journal of Spine; vol. 2, issue 4, pp 1-4 (2013).
- Parthasarathi Sarathi Banerjee, Amit Roychoudhury and Santanu Kumar Karmakar; “Biomechanical Remedies for Degeneration of Cervical Spine – A Review of Literature”; Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics (JMIHI); vol. 2, pp 343-351, 2012.
- Parthasarathi Sarathi Banerjee, Amit Roychoudhury and Santanu kumar Karmakr; “Morphometric analysis of the cervical spine of Indian population by using computerized tomography”; Journal of Medical and Allied Sciences (JMAS), 2012; 2(2), pp. 66-76.
- Chatterjee, S., Singha T. K. and Karmakar, S. K., “Effect of high-frequency low-amplitude vibration on the performance of a class of semi-active base isolation system with on-off damping”, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 274 (2004), pp.893-914.
- Chatterjee, S., Singha T. K. and Karmakar, S. K., “Effect of high-frequency excitation on a class of mechanical systems with dynamic friction”, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 269 (2004), pp.61-89.
- Chatterjee, S., Singha T. K. and Karmakar, S. K., “Non-trivial effect of fast vibration on the dynamics of a class of non-linearly damped mechanical systems”, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 260 (2003), pp.711-730.
- Karmakar, S., Rao, U.R.K. and Sethuramiah, A., “An approach towards fatigue wear modelling”, Wear, 1996, Vol.198, pp..242-250.