Sisir Kumar Guha
Department of Mechanical Engineering
1. Ph.D. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur 1989
2. M.Tech. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur 1980
3. B.E. (Mech.) I.I.E.S.T Shibpur 1978
- Office: 2668 4561-4564 (Ext. 808)
- Residence: +91 98364 06297
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Area of Research
- Tribology: Steady-State And Dynamic Characteristics Of Lubricated Bearings
- Elasto-Hydrodynamic Lubrication of Bearings
- Slider Bearings With Surface Texture (Dimples) Effect
- Design of machine elements
- Tribo design of machine elements
- Fundamental of tribology
- Advance Solid Mechanics
- Creep & Fracture Mechanics
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- S Das, SK Guha, AK Chattopadhyay. Theoretical analysis of stability characteristics of hydrodynamic journal bearings lubricated with micropolar fluids. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology,218(1), 2004, 45-56.
- SK Guha.A theoretical analysis of dynamic characteristics of finite hydrodynamic journal bearings lubricated with coupled stress fluids.Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology,218(2), 2004, 125-133.
- R Haque, SK Guha. On the steady-state performance of isotropically rough porous hydrodynamic journal bearings of finite width with slip-flow effect. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology,219(11), 2005, 1249-1267.
- SK Guha, AK Chattopadhyay.On the linear stability analysis of finite-hydrodynamic porous journal bearings under coupled stress lubrication.Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology,221(7), 2007, 831-840.
- SK Guha.Linear stability performance analysis of finite hydrostatic porous journal bearings under the coupled stress lubrication with the additives effects into pores.Tribology International, 43 (8), 2010, 1294-1306.
- S Das, SK Guha. On the Steady-State Performance Characteristics of Finite Hydrodynamic Journal Bearing under Micro-Polar Lubrication with Turbulent Effect. International Journal of Mechanical, Industrial Science and Engineering, 7(4), 2013, 654-662.
- A Ghosh, SK Guha. Guha, Linear stability analysis of finite hydrodynamic journal bearing under turbulent lubrication with coupled-stress fluid. Industrial Lubrication and Tribology, 68(3), 2016, 386-399.
- AK Dinda, SK Guha. On the steady-state performance characteristics of finite herringbone grooved journal bearing lubricated with couple stress fluids. Journal of material science and mechanical engineering(JMSME), 3(2),2016, 59-6
- S Das, SK Guha. Turbulent effect on the dynamic response coefficients of finite journal bearings lubricated with micropolar fluid. procedia technology, Elsevier Ltd., 23, 2016, 193-200.
- S Das, SK Guha.Linear stability analysis of hydrodynamic journal bearing operating under turbulent micropolar lubrication.Proceedings of the IEEE,1, 2017,20-26.