Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Ph.D. in Engineering from Jadavpur University, Kolkata in 2004
- M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering (Thermal Engineering Specialization) from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur in 1980
- B. E. (Cal) in Mechanical Engineering from Bengal Engineering College, Shibpur, Howrah in 1978
- Office: 2668 4561-4564 (Ext. 279,806)
- Residence: +91 97485 57978
Area of Research
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Heat Transfer
- Energy Analysis
- Bio-medical Engineering
- Basic Thermodynamics
- Applied Thermodynamics
- Boiler and Stream Turbine
- Solar Thermal Processes
- Power Plant Engineering
- Numerical Heat Transfer
- Environmental Aspects of Thermal Systems
- Steam Power Engineering
- Nuclear Power Engineering
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- S. Santra, D.K. Mandal and S. Chakrabarti, Assessment of Accumulation Rate of LDL Species in Arterial Wall Layers under Hypertension and Hyperlipidemia Conditions, International Journal of Fluid Mechanics Research, Vol.44, No. 1 (2017), pp. 79-92.
- S. Santra, D.K. Mandal and S. Chakrabarti, Effects of Hemodynamic Parameters and involved Processes on Mass Transport through Arterial Wall for Localization and Progression of the Disease, Atherosclerosis: A Review, International Journal of Transport Phenomena, Vol.14 (2016), pp. 183-203.
- S. Saha and S. Chakrabarti, MHD Laminar Modeling and Numerical Simulation on Ferromagnetic Fluid Flow in a Channel, International Journal of Fluid Mechanics Research, Vol. 43, No. 1 (2016), pp. 79-92.
- T. Das and S. Chakrabarti, Flow Characteristic Study in a Configuration of Sudden Expansion with Central Restriction and Fence – Viewed as an Annular Flow Dump Combustor, Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 8, No. 4 (2015), pp. 713-725.
- P. Goswami, D. K. Mandal, N. K. Manna and S. Chakrabarti, Analysis of Steady and Physiological Pulsatile Flow Characteristics in an Artery with Various Percentages of Restrictions, International Journal of Fluid Mechanics Research, Vol. 42, No. 3 (2015), pp. 260-280.
- P. Goswami, D. K. Mandal, N. K. Manna and S. Chakrabarti, Wall Shear Stress Charateristics for the Progression of the Disease, Atherosclerosis, Jl. Inst. India, Ser. C, Vol. 96, No. 3 (2015), pp. 311-323.
- S. Saha and S. Chakrabarti, Numerical Study on Flow Characteristics of Magnetic Fluid Flowing through a Rectangular Channel under the Action of Magnetic Field, Journal of Energy, Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 36 (2014), pp. 103-133.
- S. Kumar, S. Chakrabarti, D. K. Mandal and S. Mazumder, A Numerical Investigation on Fluid Flow through a Sudden Expansion, Journal of Energy, Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 36 (2014), pp. 81-101.
- P. Goswami, D. K. Mandal, N. K. Manna and S. Chakrabarti, Study on the Effect of Steady, Simple Pulsatile and Physiological Pulsatile Flows through a Stenosed Artery, Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 50, No. 10 (2014), pp. 1343-1352.
- D. K. Mandal and S. Chakrabarti, Mass Deposition and Fluid Flow in Stenotic Arteries: Rectangular and Half-circular Models, Journal of Biomedical Science and Engineering, Vol. 6, No. 12 (2013), pp. 1109-1116.