Subhas Chandra Mondal
Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Ph.D. IIT Kharagpur 2012
- M.Tech. B.E.College (D.U) Shibpur 2001
- B.E. (Mech.) B.E.College, Shibpur (C.U) 1994
QTR. No. B -182, IIEST Shibpur Campus, P.O. - B. Garden, Howrah-711103
- Office: 2668 4563 (Ext. 796)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Area of Research
1. Manufacturing (Traditional and Non-traditional)
2.Cutting Tools Development using Advanced Materials
3. Modelling and Optimization of Manufacturing Processes
4. Robust Manufacturing
- Engineering Materials and Processes
- Automation and Computerized Manufacturing
- Non-traditional Manufacturing and Nano-technology
- Operations Management
- Materials Processing Technology
- Operation Research in Production management
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- Mondal, S. C., Maiti, J. and Ray, P. K. (2013) ‘Modelling Robustness in Serial Multistage Manufacturing Processes’, International Journal of Production Research, Taylor & Francis, Vol. 51, No. 21, pp. 6359-6377.
- Mondal, S. C., Ray, P. K and Maiti, J.(2013) ‘Modelling Robustness for Manufacturing Processes: A Critical Review’, International Journal of Production Research, Taylor & Francis, Vol. 52, No. 2, pp. 521-538.
- Das, A., Mondal, S. C., Thakkar, J.J. and Maiti, J. (2014) ‘A Methodology for Modelling and Monitoring of Centrifugal Casting Process’, International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, Vol. 32, No. 7, pp. 718-735.
- Mondal, S.C.; Maiti, J., Ray, P.K. and Shafiee, M. (2016) "Modelling process robustness: a case study of centrifugal casting ", International Journal of Production Planning & Control, Taylor & Francis, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 169-182.
- Mondal, S. C. (2015) ‘Process Capability – A Surrogate Measure of Process Robustness: A Case Study’, International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp 90-106.
- Saha, A. and Mondal, S. C. (2016) ‘Experimental Investigation and Modelling of WEDM Process for Machining Nano-structured Hardfacing Material’, International Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, DOI: 10.1007/s40430-016-0608-5, Springer publication.
- Saha, A. and Mondal, S. C. (2016) ‘Multi-objective Optimization in WEDM process of Nanostructured Hardfacing Materials through Hybrid techniques’, International Journal of Measurement, Vol. 94, pp. 46-59, Elsevier publication.
- Saha, A. and Mondal, S. C. (2016) ‘Multi-objective Optimization of Welding Parameters in MMAW for Nano-structured Hardfacing Material using GRA coupled with PCA’, Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, DOI: 10.1007/s12666-016-0945-1, Springer publication.
- Mandal, Prosun and Mondal, Subhas Chandra (2017) ‘An Application of Artificial Neural Network and Particle Swarm Optimization Technique for Modeling and Optimization of Centerless Grinding Process’, International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 344-362.
- Saha, A. and Mondal, S. C. (2017) ‘Multi-objective optimization of manual metal arc welding process parameters for nano-structured hardfacing material using hybrid approach’, International Journal of Measurement, Vol. 102, pp. 80-89, Elsevier publication.