Department of Mechanical Engineering
- M.Tech. Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India 2005
- B.E. (Mech.) Jadavpur University, Kolkata, 2003
- Office: 033-26684561-63 (Extension-788)
- Residence: +91 97344 42497
- E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Research
- Heat transfer and fluid flow analysis.
- Heat Transfer
- Solar energy and its applications
- Basic mechanical engineering
- Automobile engineering
- Circulating fluidized bed technology
- Numerical methods in engineering
- Computation fluid dynamics
Gas turbine and compressors.
Combustion science and engineering.
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- Prediction of flame speed and exergy analysis of premixed flame in a heat recirculating cylindrical micro combustor, Uttam Rana, Suman Chakraborty, S.K. Som, Energy 126 (2017) 658-670
- Dynamics and thermodynamics of co-flow non-premixed methane–air flame in a cylindrical microcombustor with heat recirculating wall, Uttam Rana, Suman Chakraborty & Sankar Kumar Som, Combustion Theory and Modelling , 2017 Vol. 21, No. 4, 677–69
- Thermodynamics of premixed combustion in a heat recirculating micro combustor, Uttam Rana, Suman Chakraborty, S.K. Som, Energy 68 (2014) 510-518.
- Wall heat recirculation and exergy preservation in flow through a small tube with thin heat source, S.K. Som⁎, Uttam Rana, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 64 (2015) 1–6.