Dr. Ajit Kumar Mahapatra
Department of Chemistry
- Mobile: +91 94345 08013
- Office: Department of Chemistry, IIEST, Shibpur, Howrah 711 103
- Residence: Netaji Nagar, Sekh pura, Midnapore Town, Paschim Medinipur 721 101, WB
- EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Research
- Organic Synthesis
- Supramolecular Chemistry
About our lab
My current research interests include the design and synthesis of Chemosensor and Chemodosimetric based Fluoroionophore, the development of synthetic receptors for the selective detection of analytes in complex media, and colorimetric and fluorimetric chemosensors for sensing environmentally and biologically relevant metal ions as well as anions, fluorescent switches, and the study of the underlying photophysical and photochemical signaling as well as recognition processes.
- Newer reagent for organic synthesis
- Retro and Total synthesis of bioactive molecules
- Supramolecular Chemistry
- Ph.D. Course Work
- Syed Samim Ali, Ankita Gangopadhyay,Kalipada Maiti, Sanchita Mondal, Ajoy Kumar Pramanik, Uday Narayan Guria, Md. Raihan Uddin, Sukhendu Mandal, Debasish Mandal and Ajit Kumar Mahapatra, A chromogenic and ratiometric fluorogenic probe for rapid detection of a nerve agent simulant DCP based on a hybrid hydroxynaphthalene -hemicyanine dye, Org. Biomol. Chem., 2017, 15, 5959-5967.
- Kalipada Maiti, Ajit Kumar Mahapatra, Ankita Gangopadhyay, Rajkishor Maji, Sanchita Mondal, Syed Samim Ali, Sujoy Das, Ripon Sarkar, Pallab Datta, and Debasish Mandal, Simple Bisthiocarbonohydrazone as a Sensitive, Selective, Colorimetric, and Ratiometric Fluorescent Chemosensor for Picric Acids, ACS Omega, 2017, 2, 1583−1593.
- Sanchita Mondal, Saikat Kumar Manna, Kalipada Maiti, Rajkishor Maji, Syed Samim Ali, Srimanta Manna, Sukhendu Mandal, Md Raihan Uddin & Ajit Kumar Mahapatra, Phenanthroline-fluorescein molecular hybrid as a ratiometric and selective fluorescent chemosensor for Cu2+ via FRET strategy: synthesis, computational studies and in vitro applications, Supramolecular Chemistry, 2017, 29,616–626.
- Ajit Kumar Mahapatra, Syed Samim Ali, Kalipada Maiti, Sanchita Mondal, Rajkishor Maji, Srimanta Manna, Saikat Kumar Manna, Md. Raihan Uddin and Sukhendu Mandal, Highly sensitive ratiometric fluorescence probes for nitric oxide based on dihydropyridine and potentially useful in bioimaging, RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 113219-113227.
- Kalipada Maiti, Ajit Kumar Mahapatra, Rajkishor Maji, Sanchita Mondal, Syed Samim Ali, Ankita Gangopadhyay, Saikat Kumar Manna and Sukhendu Mandal, A Fluorophore-Free Chemodosimeter for H2S with Luminescence Turn–on Response: Hyrdogen Sulphide Sensing in Garlic Extract, ChemistrySelect, 2016, 1, 5066 – 5073.
- Ajit Kumar Mahapatra, Sanchita Mondal, Saikat Ku.mar Manna, Kalipada Maiti, Rajkishor Maji, Syed Samim Ali, Sukhendu Mandal, Md Raihan Uddin and Dilip Kumar Maiti, Highly Selective Ratiometric Fluorescent Probes for Detection of Perborate Based on Excited-State Intramolecular Proton Transfer (ESIPT) in Environmental Samples and Living Cells, Chemistry Select, 2016, 3, 375-383.
- Ajit Kumar Mahapatra, Sanchita Mondal, Saikat Kumar Manna, Kalipada Maiti, Rajkishor Maji, Md. Raihan Uddin, Sukhendu Mandal, Deblina Sarkar, Tapan Kumar Mondal and Dilip Kumar Maiti, A new selective chromogenic and turn-on fluorogenic probe for copper(II) in solution and vero cells: recognition of sulphide by [CuL], Dalton Transactions 2015, 44, 6490-6501.
- Ajit Kumar Mahapatra, RajKishor Maji, Kalipada Maiti, Saikat Kumar Manna, Sanchita Mondal, Chitrangada Das Mukhopadhyay, Ph.D; Shyamaprosad Goswami, Deblina Sarkar, Tapan K Mondal, Ching Kheng Quah and Hoong-Kun Fun, Synthesis and Anion Sensing Properties of Novel N,O-Chelated Perimidine-BF Complex, Sensors & Actuators: B. Chemical, 2015, 207, 878-886.
- Ajit Kumar Mahapatra, Kalipada Maiti, Saikat Kumar Manna, Rajkishor Maji, Chitrangada Das Mukhopadhyay, Bholanath Pakhira, Sabyasachi Sarkar, Unique fluorogenic 'ratiometric' fluorescent chemodosimeter for rapid sensing of CN− in water, Chemistry–An Asian Journal , 2014, 9, 3623-3632.
Ajit Kumar Mahapatra, Saikat Kumar Manna, Debasish Mandal, and Chitrangada Das Mukhopadhyay, Highly Sensitive and Selective Rhodamine-Based “Off−On”Reversible Chemosensor for Tin (Sn4+) and Imaging in Living Cells, Inorganic Chemistry, 2013, 52, 10825−10834.