Aparna (Dey) Ghosh
Department of Civil Engineering
Area of work
- Ph.D. (Jadavpur University) 2004, M.Tech. (IIT Kanpur) 1996, B.E. (Civil) (Jadavpur University) 1993.
- Office: 2668 4561 to 63, (ext-663)
- Residence: 2668 7553
- Fax: +91 33 2668 2916/4564
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Area of Research
- Structural Vibration Control
- Microbial Concrete
- Earthquake Engineering
- Structural Dynamics
- Mondal, Sandip,andGhosh, Aparna (Dey). (2018) “Investigation into the optimal bacterial concentration for compressive strength enhancement of microbial concrete.” Construction and Building MaterialsVolume 183, pp 202-214
- Bhattacharyya, Soumi, Ghosh, Aparna (Dey) and Basu, Biswajit. (2017) “Nonlinear Modeling and Validation of Air Spring Effects in a Sealed Tuned Liquid Column Damper for Structural Control.” Journal of Sound and Vibration Volume 410, pp 269-286.
- Dziedziech, K., Staszewski, W. J., Ghosh, A., Basu, B. and Uhl, T. (2017) “Characterisation of instantaneous dynamic parameters invibration analysis of tuned liquid column dampers.” Nonlinear Dynamics. Volume 90, Issue 1, pp 717–731. DOI 10.1007/s11071-017-3690-z
- Bhattacharyya, Soumi, Ghosh, Aparna (Dey) and Basu, Biswajit. (2017) “Experimental investigations into CLCD with identification of damping effects.” Journal of Structural Engineering (ASCE).143(9) DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0001788
- Bandopadhyay, Ritwik, Soumyabrata, Maiti, Ghosh, Aparna (Dey) and Chatterjee, Anindya. (2017) “Overhead water tank shapes with depth-independent sloshing frequencies for use as TLDs in buildings.” Structural Control and Health Monitoring (Wiley). DOI:10.1002/stc.2049
- Mondal, Papiya D., Ghosh, Aparna D. and Chakraborty, Subrata. (2016) “Control of underground blast Induced building vibration by shape-memory-alloy rubber bearing (SMARB).”Structural Control and Health Monitoring (Wiley). DOI: 10.1002/stc.1983
- Dziedziech, K., Staszewski, W.J., Uhl, T., Ghosh, A.and Basu, B. (2016) “Non-linear damping identification in tuned liquid column dampers.”Insights and Innovations in Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Computation – Zingoni (Ed.) (Taylor and Francis). DOI: 10.1201/9781315641645-23
- Roy, Anuja, Ghosh, Aparna Dey and Chatterjee, Shyamal. (2016) “Influence of Tuning of passive TLD on the seismic vibration control of elevated water tanks under various tank-full conditions.” Structural Control and Health Monitoring (Wiley). DOI: 10.1002/stc.1924
- Mondal, Papiya D., Ghosh, Aparna D. and Chakraborty, Subrata. (2016) “Performances of various base isolation systems in mitigation of structural vibration due to underground blast induced ground motion.” International Journal of Structural Stability and Dynamics (World Scientific). DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1142/S0219455417500432
- Gangopadhyay,Avijit and Ghosh, Aparna (Dey). (2016). “Seismic retrofitting of an existing steel railway bridge by fluid viscous dampers.” Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series A, 97(3), 291-297.