Prof. Bibhutosh Adhikary
Department of Chemistry
- Ph.D, IACS, Kolkata (degree awarded by Jadavpur University), 1988
- M.Sc, Calcutta University, 1981
- B.Sc, Calcutta University, 1978
- Phone Extension: 512
- Mobile: +91 89025 24532
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Area of Research
- Material Science
- Coordination Chemistry
- Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Crystal field theory
- 1st Semester- Isomerism of metal complexes, Crown ether, Cryptand, Macrocyclic chemistry.
- 2nd Semester- Reaction kinetics of transition metal complexes.
- 3rd Semester- Lanthanide and Actinides, IR of transition metal chemistry, Raman effect.
- 4th Semester- Metal nucleic acid interaction.
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- Observation of enhanced photocurrent response in M-CuInS2 (M = Au, Ag) heteronanostructures: phase selective synthesis and application. A. B. Ghosh, N. Saha, A. Sarkar, A. K. Dutta, S. K. Maji ,B. Adhikary*, New J. Chem, 41 (2017) 692-701
- Enhanced photocatalytic performance of morphologically tuned Bi2S3 NPs in the degradation of organic pollutants under visible light irradiation, A.Sarkar, A. B. Ghosh, N. Saha, D. N. Srivastava, P. Paul*, B. Adhikary*, J. Colloid Interface Sci. 1 (2016) (49-59).
- Morphological tuning of Eu2O2S nanoparticles, manifestation of peroxidase-like activity and glucose assay use, A. B. Ghosh, N. Saha, A. Sarkar, A. K. Dutta, P. Biswas*, K. Nag*, B. Adhikary*, New J. Chem, 40 (2016) 1595-1604.
- Cobalt nanoparticles as recyclable catalyst for aerobic oxidation of alcohols in liquid phase. A. Mondal, D. Mukherjee*, B. Adhikary*, Md. A. Ahmed*. Nanopart Res (2016) 18, 117.
- Iron(III) complexes of 2-(1H-benzo[d]imidazol-2-yl)phenol and acetate or nitrate as catalysts for epoxidation of olefins with hydrogen peroxide, A. K. Dutta, S. Samanta, S. Dutta, C. R. Lucas, L. N. Dawe, P. Biswas*, B. Adhikary*, J. Mol. Struct. 5 (2016) 207-213.
- Syntheses, structural, spectroscopic and magnetic properties of polynuclear Fe(III) complexes containing N and O donor ligands, A. K. Dutta, S. Biswas, S. Dutta, L. N. Dawe, C. R. Lucas, B. Adhikary*, Inorg. Chim. Acta, 1 (2016) 141-149.
- Room-temperature synthesis of air stable cobalt nanoparticles and their use as catalyst for methyl orange dye degradation. A. Mondal, B. Adhikary*, D. Mukherjee*, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects 482 (2015) 248–257.
- Highly active spherical amorphous MoS2: Facile synthesis and application in photocatalytic degradation of rose bengal dye and hydrogenation of nitroarenes, N. Saha, A. Sarkar, A. B. Ghosh, A. K. Dutta, G. R. Bhadu, P. Paul*, B. Adhikary*, RSC Advances, 5 (2015) 88848-88856.
- Solvent assisted and solvent free orientation of growth of nanoscaled lanthanide sulfides: tuning of morphology and manifestation of photocatalytic behavior A. B. Ghosh, N. Saha, A. Sarkar, D. N. Srivastava, P. Paul*, B. Adhikary*, RSC Advances, 5 (2015) 102818-102827
- Enhanced photocatalytic activity of Eu doped Bi2S3 nanoflowers for degradation of organic pollutants under visible light illumination, A.Sarkar, A. B. Ghosh, N. Saha, A. K. Dutta,D. N. Srivastava, P. Paul*, B. Adhikary*, Catal. Sci. Technol, 5 (2015) 4055-4063.