Dr. Binay Krishna Ghorai
Department of Chemistry
- Ph.D. Chemistry 01/1995 Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Thesis: Studies on Alder-Ene Reactions and σ-Allylmetallics of Silicon: Total Synthesis of Cyclopentanoid Natural Products.
Advisor: Professor T. K. Sarkar
- M.Sc. Chemistry 1989 Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry 1986 (result published in 1987) Calcutta University
- Office: +9133 2668 4561/62/63 (Ext. 204, 510)
- Fax: +9133 2668 2916
- EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Post Ph.D. research experience:
- Post Doctoral Fellow 09/2000 – 8/2002
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, New Mexico State University, NM, USA
Advisor: Professor J. W. Herndon
- Research Associate 12/1994 – 5/1995
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
Area of Research
- Synthetic Organic and Organometallic Chemistry
- Heterocyclic Chemistry
- Molecular Design and Synthesis of Organic π-Conjugated Materials for Optoelectronic & Bio-sensing Applications.
- General Organic Chemistry
- Pericyclic reactions
- Organic synthesis and organometallic Chemistry
- Applications of spectroscopy (IR, NMR, Mass).
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- Kuheli Mandal, Debabrata Jana, Binay K. Ghorai, and Nikhil R. Jana, “Fluorescent Imaging Probe from Nanoparticle Made of AIE Molecule” J Phys Chem C, 2016, 120, 5196−5206.
- N. Pradhan, D. Jana, B. K. Ghorai and N. Jana, “Detection and Monitoring of Amyloid Fibrillation Using Fluorescence ‘Switch-On’ Probe” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2015, 7, 25813−25820.
- D. Jana, S. Boxi, P. P. Parui and B. K. Ghorai, “Planar-Rotor architecture based pyrene-vinyl-tetraphenylethylene conjugated systems: photophysical properties and aggregation behavior”, Org. Biomol. Chem., 2015, 13, 10663–10674.
- D. Jana and B. K. Ghorai, “Side substituent dependence of photophysical properties of 9-arylanthracene based π-conjugates”, Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn., 2015, 88, 89–96.
- D. Jana and B. K. Ghorai, “Hexaphenylbenzene end-capped tri(p-phenylenevinylene): Synthesis and properties”, Tetrahedron Lett. 2014, 55, 5203–5206.
- D. Jana, S. Boxi and B. K. Ghorai, “Synthesis of gem-tetraphenylethylene oligomers utilizing Suzuki reaction and their aggregation properties”, Dyes and Pigments, 2013, 99, 740–747.
- P. Roy and B. K. Ghorai, “Synthesis of azahomosteroid ring system through intramolecular [4+2] cycloaddition of in situ generated azaisobenzofuran intermediates”, Tetrahedron Lett. 2013, 54, 1440–1443.
- D. Jana and B. K. Ghorai, “Synthesis and aggregation-induced emission properties of tetraphenylethylene–based oligomers containing triphenylethylene moiety”, Tetrahedron Lett. 2012, 53, 6838–6842.
- D. Jana and B. K. Ghorai, “Pyridine–cored V–shaped π–conjugated oligomers: synthesis and optical properties”, Tetrahedron 2012, 68, 7309–7316.
- D. Jana and B. K. Ghorai, “Triphenylpyridine-based star-shaped π-conjugated oligomers with triphenylamine core: Synthesis and photophysical properties”, Tetrahedron Lett. 2012, 53, 1798–1801.