Dr. Binay Krishna Ghorai
Department of Chemistry
- Ph.D. Chemistry (01/1995), Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Thesis: Studies on Alder-Ene Reactions and σ-Allylmetallics of Silicon: Total Synthesis of Cyclopentanoid Natural Products.
Advisor: Professor T. K. Sarkar
- M.Sc. Chemistry, 1989, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry, 1986 (result published in 1987), Calcutta University
- Office: +9133 2668 4561/62/63
- Fax: +9133 2668 2916
- EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Post Ph.D. research experience:
- Post Doctoral Fellow: 09/2000 – 8/2002
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, New Mexico State University, NM, USA
Advisor: Professor J. W. Herndon
- Research Associate: 12/1994 – 5/1995 Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
Area of Research
- Synthetic Organic and Organometallic Chemistry
- Heterocyclic Chemistry
- Molecular Design and Synthesis of Organic π-Conjugated Materials for Optoelectronic & Bio-sensing Applications.
- General Organic Chemistry
- Pericyclic reactions
- Organic synthesis and organometallic Chemistry
- Applications of spectroscopy (IR, NMR, Mass).
- S. Boxi, D. Jana, P. P. Parui, B. K. Ghorai, “Dibenzo[a,c]phenazine based donor-acceptor (D-A) tetra branched molecules: Fine tuning of optical properties”, Chemistry Select., 2018, 3, 6953-6959.
- K. Mandal, D. Jana, B. K. Ghorai, N. R. Jana, “Functionalized chitosan with self-assembly induced and subcellular localization-dependent fluorescence ‘switch on’ property” New J. Chem, 2018, 42, 5774-5784.
- S. Biswas, D. Jana, G. Kumar, S. Maji, P. Kundu, U. Ghorai, R. Giri, B. Das, N. Chattopadhyay, B. K. Ghorai, S. Acharya, “Supramolecular Aggregates of Tetraphenylethene Cored AIEgen towards Mechanoluminescent and Electroluminescent Devices" ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2018, 10, 14966–14977.
- K. Mandal, D. Jana, B. K. Ghorai, N. R. Jana, “Fluorescent Imaging Probe from Nanoparticle Made of AIE Molecule” J Phys Chem C, 2016, 120, 5196−5206.
- N. Pradhan, D. Jana, B. K. Ghorai, N. R. Jana, “Detection and Monitoring of Amyloid Fibrillation Using Fluorescence ‘Switch-On’ Probe” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2015, 7, 25813−25820.
- D. Jana, S. Boxi, P. P. Parui, B. K. Ghorai, “Planar-Rotor architecture based pyrene-vinyl-tetraphenylethylene conjugated systems: photophysical properties and aggregation behavior”, Org. Biomol. Chem., 2015, 13, 10663–10674.
- D. Jana, B. K. Ghorai, “Side substituent dependence of photophysical properties of 9-arylanthracene based π-conjugates”, Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn., 2015, 88, 89–96.
- D. Jana, B. K. Ghorai, “Hexaphenylbenzene end-capped tri(p-phenylenevinylene): Synthesis and properties”, Tetrahedron Lett. 2014, 55, 5203–5206.
- D. Jana, S. Boxi, B. K. Ghorai, “Synthesis of gem-tetraphenylethylene oligomers utilizing Suzuki reaction and their aggregation properties”, Dyes and Pigments, 2013, 99, 740–747.
- P. Roy, B. K. Ghorai, “Synthesis of azahomosteroid ring system through intramolecular [4+2] cycloaddition of in situ generated azaisobenzofuran intermediates”, Tetrahedron Lett. 2013, 54, 1440–1443.