Dr. Chaitali Ray
- Ph.D. (IIT Kgaragpur) 1998
Honours, Awards, Recognition
- Awarded a research grant in SERC Fast Track Proposals for Young Scientists from DST (2003-2005), amounting Rs. 2.45 lakhs.
Area of Work
- Office : 2668-4561 to 63, (ext-664)
- Residence : 33 2668 6408
- Fax : 91 33 2668 2916/4564
- Residential : Superintendent's Qtr, Pandya Hall, IIEST, Campus, Shibpur, Howrah - 711103
- Office : Department of Civil Engineering, IIEST Shibpur, Howrah 711103
- E-Mail : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest
- Fibre reinforced composite materials
- Laminated FRP Structures
- Finite element modelling of FRP bridges
- Experimental analysis of composite laminates
- Hygrothermal analysis of FRP structures
- Damage assessment of steel panels
- Failure analysis of laminated plates
- Structural dynamics
- Static and dynamic failure analysis of hybrid laminated composite stiffened plates for marine structures, Ministry of Shipping, Govt. of India, amounting 39.53 lakh
- Geometric nonlinear thermo-mechanical analysis of FRP bridge deck
- Hygrothermal analysis of laminated composite stiffened plates
- Stability and vibration analyses of composite hat stiffened plates (macro and micro mechanical behaviour)
- Hygrothermal analysis of laminated composite plates based on the first ply failure
- Superintendent of Pandya Hall (Ladies’ Hostel) since September 2006 till date
- Member of Aquatic Society
- Member of Anti ragging Squad
- Moumita Sit, Chaitali Ray, Dhiraj Biswas and Bibekananda Mandal, "Stress distribution in the hollow stiffened hybrid laminated composite panels in ship structures under sinusoidal loading", International Journal of maritime Engineering, RINA Transactions, vol 158, part A2, pp. A107-A116, 2016.
- Sandipan Nath Thakur and Chaitali Ray, "The effect of thickness coordinate to radius ratio on free vibration of moderately thick and deep doubly curved cross-ply laminated shell". Archive of Applied Mechanics (Springer), vol. 86, Issue 6, pp 1119-1132, June 2016.
- Sandipan Nath Thakur and Chaitali Ray, "An accurate C0 finite element model of moderately thick and deep laminated doubly curved shell considering cross sectional warping". Thin walled Structures (Elsevier), vol. 94, pp. 384-393, 2015.
- Chaitali Ray and Bibekananda Mandal, "Linear and Non-linear Analysis of Fibre Reinforced Plastic Bridge Deck due to Vehicle Loads". Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series A 96 (2), 109-121, 2015.
- Dhiraj Biswas and Chaitali Ray, "Comparative perspective of various shear deformation theories with experimental verification for modal analysis of hybrid laminates". Journal of vibration and control (online publication DOI:10.1177\1077546315592766), 2015.
- Chaitali Ray, Dhiraj Biswas and Moumita Sit, Transient response analysis of hybrid laminated composite plates using third order shear deformation theory, Jordon Journal of Civil Engineering, vol. 11, no. 3, (in press), 2015.
- Chaitali Ray and Somnath Majumder, "Failure analysis of composite plates under static and dynamic loading". Structural Engineering and Mechanics - an International Journal, vol 52, no. 1, pp. 137-147.2014.
- Moumita Sit, Chaitali Ray and Dhiraj Biswas, "Thermal stress analysis of laminated composite plates using third order shear deformation theory", Advances in Structural Engineering, 149-156, also presented in SEC 2014, IIT Delhi, 2014.
- Dhiraj Biswas and Chaitali Ray, "Experimental and numerical modal analysis of laminated composite plates with GFRP", Advances in Structural Engineering, pp. 55-66, also presented in SEC 2014, IIT Delhi.
- Bibekananda Mandal and Chaitali Ray, "Bending of FRP bridge deck under the combined effect of thermal and vehicle load", Advances in Structural Engineering, pp. 2493-2503, also presented in SEC 2014, IIT Delhi.
- Contribution to the International Edition of the Book "Introduction to Finite elements in Engineering, by T. Chandrupatla and A. D. Belegundu, 4th edition, Pearson Publishing Co. 2012.
Any other information
- Developed Composite Materials laboratory in the Department of Civil Engineering, IIEST under the research project funded by the Ministry of Shipping, Govt. of India.
- Refresher Course for the Officers of M/s Larsen and Toubro Construction -EDRC Kolkata on Advanced Civil Engineering, at BESUS from 21st May to 2nd June 2012