Dr. Debasis Sarkar
Department of Electrical Engineering
- Ph.D, Jadavpur University, 1991
- M.E, Bengal Engineering College Shibpur, 1979
- B.E, Bengal Engineering College Shibpur, 1975
- Mobile: +91-9433241826
- Phone:033-26684561 to 63
Area of Research
- Design and optimization of electromagnetic devices
- Application of advanced numerical techniques to analysis and design of electrical machines
- Electrical Machines
- Electrical Machines
- Dynamics of Regulated Machines
- Electromagnetic Field
- D. Sarkar and A.K. Naskar, “Computation of thermal condition in an induction motor during reactor starting” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Elsevier, 44 (2013), pp.938–948.
- D. Sarkar and A.K. Naskar, “Computation of thermal condition in an induction motor during plugging”, Int. J. Power and Energy Conversion, Inderscience, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp.172–196, 2014.
- A.K. Naskar and D. Sarkar, “Computation of Thermal Condition in an Induction Motor during Direct-On-line Starting”, Journal of Electrical Engineering, Politehnica Publishing House, Romania, vol.14, No.3, pp.1-12, 2014.
- A.K. Naskar and D. Sarkar., “New approach for computational analysis of temperature rise phenomena in the rotor of an induction motor”, Energy System, Springer, vol.6, No.2, pp. 221-247, 2015.
- A.K. Naskar and D. Sarkar., “Computational analysis of three-dimensional steady state heat conduction in the rotor of an induction motor by finite element method” Latin American Applied Research, Argentina, vol.45, pp.245-253, 2015.
- Ashok Kr Naskar, Nirmal Kumar Bhattacharya, Debasis Sarkar., “A Mathematical Analysis of Two Dimensional Steady State Heat Conduction in the Coil of an Induction Heater Using Finite Element Method” Journal of Power Technologies, 2016.
- Debasis Sarkar, Nirmal Kr. Bhattacharya and Ashok Kr. Naskar.,“Computation of Temperature Distribution in the Rotor of anInduction Motor during Reactor Starting in Two DimensionalRectangular Co-ordinates” Int'l Journal of Computing, Communications & Instrumentation Engg. (IJCCIE) Vol. 3, Issue 1 (2016) ISSN 2349-1469 EISSN 2349-1477.
- D. Sarkar, N.K. Bhattacharya, A.K. Naskar “Approximate Analysis of Transient Heat Conduction in the Stator of an Induction Motor during Auto-transformer Starting” Universal Journal of Electrical and Electronic Engineering 5(2): 27-35, 2017.
- A.K. Naskar and D. Sarkar, “Numerical Analysis of Three Dimensional Steady State Heat Conduction in the Rotor of an Induction Motor by Finite Element Method”, International Conference on Control, Instrumentation Energy & Communication (CIEC14), CU, Kolkata, IEEE, January 31-February 2, 2014
- N.K. Bhattacharya, A.K. Naskar and D. Sarkar, “Computation of Temperature Distribution in the Rotor of an Induction Motor during Star-Delta Starting in Two Dimensional Rectangular Co-ordinate”, The IEEE First international Conference on Condition Assessment Techniques in Electrical Systems (CATCON2013), JU, Kolkata, December 06, 2013.