Department of Computer Science and Technology
Date of Birth
2nd December 1963
- Ph.D.(Computer Sc.) - Specialization in Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing - In 1996.
- M.E.(Computer Sc. & Engg. ) - 1st Class - In 1986.
- B.E.(Electronics & Tele Comm.) - 1st Class - In 1984.
- Office: 033 2668 4561 (Ext. 63)
- Fax: 033 2668 2916
- Office: P.O. Botanical Garden, Howrah - 711 103
- Residence: Flat No. 1B, 1 Dr. Deodar Rahman Road, Lake Gardens, Kolkata-700 045
- EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Area of Research
- Image Processing and Computer Vision
- Machine Learning
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- P. Dey, S. Dey, S. Datta and J. Sil, Dynamic Discreduction Using Rough Sets, Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier Science Direct, 11 (2011), 3887–3897.
- Indrajit De and Jaya Sil, ANFIS Tuned No-Reference Quality Prediction of Distorted/Decompressed Images featuring Wavelet Entropy, International Journal of Computer Information Systems and Industrial Management Applications ISSN 2150-7988 Volume 3 (2011) pp. 298-305, © MIR Labs, www.mirlabs.net/ijcisim/index.html
- Suparna Biswas, Jaya Sil and Nandita Sengupta, Background Modeling and Implementation using Discrete Wavelet Transform-A Review, ICGST-GVIP Journal, Volume 11, Issue 1, March 2011.
- A. Das and J. Sil, An Efficient Classifier Design Integrating Rough Set and Set Oriented Database Operations, Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier Science Direct, 11 (2011), 2279–2285.
- Santi.P. Maity, Seba Maity and Jaya Sil, Multicarrier spread spectrum watermarking for secure error concealment in fading channel, Special issue of Springer Telecom Journal, DOI 10.1007s11235-010-9369-0, 2010.
- Asit Das and Jaya Sil, An efficient classifier design integrating Rough Set and Dempster-Shafer Theory, Int. J. Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing, Vol. 2, No. 3, 2010, 245-261.
- Asit K. Das and Jaya Sil, Cluster Validation Method for Stable Cluster Formation, Canadian Journal on Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition Vol. 1, No. 3, July 2010
- Jaya Sil and Arup Bhaumik, Development of an Expert Control System using Petri net-Integration of Reasoning and Learning Methods, Journal of Intelligent Computing and Applications, Vol. 2, No. 2, July-December 2009, pp. 111-136
- S. Maity, J. Sil, Color Image Segmentation using Type 2 Fuzzy Sets, International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, Volume 1 Number 4 September 2009
- Nandita Sengupta and Jaya Sil, Development of Efficient Text Clustering Model for Gene Ontology, International Journal of Information Processing, ISSN 0973 – 8215 / Volume 3 / Number 2 / 2009