Dr. Nityananda Nandi
Aerospace Engineering & Applied Mechanics
- Ph.D. in Engg. (Applied Mechanics Department, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, 2006)
- M.E. (Applied Mechanics Department, Calcutta University, 1993)
- B.E. (Civil Engg., Calcutta university, 1991)
- Residence: Quarter No: Pratichi 308, IIEST, Shibpur, P.O - B. Garden, Howrah - 711 103, West Bengal, India.
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Research
- Fluid Mechanics
- Flow Separation
- Turbulence in pipe flow
- River Hydraulics
- Hydraulics structures (earthen dams)
- Advanced Mechanics of Fluids I & II
- Theory of Hydraulic Model I & II
- Open Channel hydraulics I & II
- Hydraulics I & II
- Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Machines
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Drawing
- Fluid Mechanics lab & Strength of Materials Lab
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- P. Dutta, S. K. Saha, N. Nandi and N. Pal, ‘Numerical study on flow separation in 900 pipe bend under high Reynolds number by k-ε modeling’, Engineering Science and Technology, an international journal (Elsevier), 2016, pp 904-910.
- P. Dutta & N. Nandi, ‘Effect of Reynolds Number and Curvature Ratio on Single Phase Turbulent Flow in Pipe Bends’ International Journal Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 19 ,No. 1 (2015) pp 5–16 c⃝ Lodz University of Technology.
- P. Dutta & N. Nandi, ‘Study on pressure drop characteristics of single phase turbulent flow in pipe bend for high Reynolds number’ ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences VOL. 10, NO. 5, MARCH 2015 (ISSN 1819-6608) pp 2221-2226.
- P. Dutta, S. Saha & N. Nandi, ‘Computational study of turbulent flow in pipe bends’ International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (ISSN 0973-4562) Volume 10, Number 11 (2015), pp10128-10133.
- N. Nandi, S. C. Dutta and A. Roychowdhury, ‘Change in stress distribution scenario within the earthen dams due to the effect of soil-structure interaction and hydrodynamic forces under static and seismic loading conditions.’ International Journal of Dam Engineering, UK (2015), Vol XXVI issue 1.
- S. K. Saha, P. Dutta and N. Nandi, “ Study on flow separation for single phase flow through 900 pipe bend”, proceedings of International Conference on Current Innovation in Engineering & Technology (ICETER 2015) sponsored by international association of engineering & technology for skill development, pp 234-243, October 11, 2015, VRS & YRN college of engineering and technology, Chirala, AP.
- P. Dutta, S. K. Saha and N. Nandi, “ Computational study of turbulent flow in pipe bends’ International conference emerging trends in manufacturing, engines and modeling (ICEMEM-2015), NMIMS university, Maharastra, February 2015.
- P. Dutta, S. K. Saha and N. Nandi, “Study on Turbulent Flow Characteristics in Pipe Bends”, Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering and its Interdisciplinary Areas (ICAMEI), College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat, WB, 2-4 January, 2015, Excel India Publication (ISBN: 978-93-84869-03-8).pp 58-64.
- P. Dutta, S. K. Saha and N. Nandi, “Numerical Study of curvature effect on turbulent flow in 900 pipe bend”, Proceedings of Sixth International Conference on Theoretical, Applied, Computational and Experimental Mechanics (ICTACEM 2014), December 29-31, 2014, IIT Kharagpur (ISBN: 978-93-80813-30-1).
- A. Santra and N. Nandi, “Computational investigation on cavitation phenomenon in nozzle flow”, Proceedings of Sixth International Conference on Theoretical, Applied, Computational and Experimental Mechanics (ICTACEM 2014), December 29-31, 2014, IIT Kharagpur, India (ISBN: 978-93-80813-30-1).