Dr. Prasanta Kumar Nandi
Department of Chemistry
- Professor (2008 - continue )
- Associate Professor (2007-2008)
- Assistant Professor (2005 -2007 )
- Senior Lecturer (1999-2004)
- Lecturer (1995 - 1999)
- Ph.D. from IIT Kharagpur (1994)
- M.Sc. (Chem.) from IIT Kharagpur (1989)
- B.Sc. (Chem. Hons.) from Burdwan University, W.B. (1987)
- Office: +91 33 2668 4561/62/63 (Ext. 509)
- Mobile: +91 94321 77021
- Office: Department of Chemistry, IIEST Shibpur, Howrah-711103
- Residence: Flat No. A3, 22/2 Madhusudan Das Lane, Shibpur, Howrah-711103
- EMail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Research
- Nonlinear Optical Properties of Molecules (Modeling & Computation).
- Molecular Electronic Structure and Spectroscopic Properties.
- Chemistry -Theory and Sessional (BE)
- Physical Chemistry I, II & III (M.Sc.)
- Computational Chemistry (M.Sc.)
- Advanced Quantum Chemistry (M.Sc.)
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- K. Hatua, A. Mondal, and P.K. Nandi (2017), “Static Second Hyperpolarizability of Diffuse Electron Compound M2X (M=Li, Na; X=H, F): Ab-initio Study of Basis Set Effect and Electron Correlation”, Chem. Phys. Lett. 686, 1-6.
- S. Ghosh, R. Sinha Roy, P. Banerjee, A. Mondal, K. Hatua and P. K. Nandi (2017), “Effect of charge and spin multiplicity on hyperpolarizabilities of donor- acceptor substituted polyenes”, Indian J. Chem. 56A, 756-766.
- R. Sinha Roy, A. Mondal and P. K. Nandi (2017), “First hyperpolarizability of cyclooctatetraene modulated by alkali and alkaline earth metals”, J. Mol. Model, 23, 93.
- A. Mondal, K. Hatua, R. Sinha Roy and P. K. Nandi (2017), “Successive lithiation of acetylene, ethylene and benzene: a comprehensive computational study of large static second hyperpolarizability)” Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 19, 4768--4777.
A. Mondal, K. Hatua, S. Ghosh, B. Dey and P.K. Nandi (2017): “Lithium enhanced second hyperpolarizability of inverse sandwich compounds (M-C4X4-M; X = H, Li) of beryllium, magnesium and calcium”, Comp. and Theo. Chem. 1112, 46 – 51.
K. Hatua and P.K. Nandi (2016), ” Effect of alkaline earth metal at the single wall CNT mouth on the
electronic structure and second hyperpolarizability” J. Theor. Comput. Chem., 15, 16500401-14.
- P. Banerjee and P.K. Nandi (2016), “Electronic structures and second hyperpolarizabilities of alkaline earth metal complexes end-capped with NA2 (A = H, Li, Na)” Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 18, 12505 - 12520.
- R. Sinha Roy and P.K. Nandi (2015): “Exploring bridging effect on first hyperpolarizability”, RSC Adv. 5, 103729 – 103738.
- K. Hatua and P.K. Nandi (2015): “Diradical character and second hyperpolarizability of multidecker inverse sandwich complexes of Mg and Ca”, Chem. Phys. Lett. 628, 1–8.
- P. Banerjee and P.K. Nandi (2015): “Electronic structure and second hyperpolarizability of M(NA2)2 (M=Be,Mg,Ca; A=H,Li,Na) complexes”, Chem. Phys. Lett. 637, 164–171.