Dr. Salil Haldar
Aerospace Engg. & Applied Mechanics
- Ph.D. (AE & AM, BESU, 2002)
- M.E. (Mechanical, Jadavpur University, 1991)
- B.E. (Mechanical, B. E. College, 1989)
Awards, Honors and Achievements
- Young Faculty Research Award for the year 2006-2007 by B.E. College Alumni Association of Washington DC Metropolitan Area.
Area of Research
- Laminated composite materials
- Finite element method
- Landline : +91 33 2668 4561/62/63 (Ext. 277)
- Mobile : +91 98306 71153
- Fax : +91 33 2668 2916/4564
- Residence : Flat – 1D, First floor, Vasundhara Apartment, 20/2, Naskar Para Lane, P.O - B. Garden, Howrah - 711 103, West Bengal, India
- EMail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finite Element Methods
- Engineering Drawing
- Strength of materials
- Manufacturing Science
- Finite Element Methods
- Solid Mechanics
- Optimization of Structure
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- P. Dey, S. Haldar, D. Sengupta and A. H. Sheikh. ‘An efficient plate element for the vibration of composite plates’. Applied Mathematical Modelling. . Elsevier Science
- K. Kalita, D. Shine and S. Haldar. ‘Analysis on transverse bending of rectangular plates’. Materials Today; Proceedings, 2(4), 2146-2154, 2015.
- Kanchan Mahure, Ista Barman and Salil Haldar. Free Vibration of Rectangular Composite Laminate Plate with Concentrated Mass At Centre by Finite Element Method". 60th. Congress of ISTAM, held on Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Rajasthan, 2015.
- Kanak Kalita, Abhir Banerjee and Salil Halder. ‘An analysis to mitigate induced principal stresses in orthotropic plates’. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology. Vol. 6, No. 3. ISSN 2319-3182, September 2013.
- S. Paul, K. Kalita, A. Dutta and S. Haldar. ‘Static analysis of rectangular plate with internal cut-out using finite element’. method’. IIT, Chennai, 2013 (INCAM_2013_SM_98)
- Kanak Kalita and Salil Haldar. ‘Stress analysis of cutout plate. 58th. Congress of ISTAM, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, December 18-21, 2013
- Arpita Mandal and Salil Haldar. ‘Free vibration analysis of shell panels by finite element method. 58th. Congress of ISTAM, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, December 18-21, 2013
- Kanak Kalita, Abir Dutta and Salil Haldar. ‘Stress concentration factor convergence study of a thin plate. 58th. Congress of ISTAM, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, December 18-21, 2013
- S. Haldar and A. Majumder ‘Free vibration thick/thin skewed tapered cylindrical shell panels’. Int. J. of Applied mechanics and engineering, vol. 16, no.- 3, 2011
- S. Haldar and A. H. Sheikh. ‘Bending analysis of composite folded plates by finite element method’. Finite Element in Analysis and Design, Vol. 47, 477-485, 2011