Department of Computer Science and Technology, IIEST Shibpur
- PhD (CSE), Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (2013)
- Master of Technology (CSE), Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (2007)
- Bachelor of Engineering (CST), Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur (2005)
- Humboldt Postdoctoral Fellow at the Max Planck Institute for Software Systems (MPI-SWS), Saarbruecken, Germany (2014-15)
Office: extn 576
Area of Research
- Social Media and Social Networks
- Information Retrieval
- Data Mining
- Large Network Analysis
- Computer Networks
- Graph Algorithms
- Software Engineering
- Carlos Freitas, Fabricio Benevenuto, Adriano Veloso, Saptarshi Ghosh. An Empirical Study of Socialbot Infiltration Strategies in the Twitter Social Network. Social Network Analysis and Mining, Springer, vol. 6(23), 2016.
- Md. Bilal Zafar, Parantapa Bhattacharya, Niloy Ganguly, Saptarshi Ghosh, Krishna P. Gummadi. On the Wisdom of Experts vs. Crowds: Discovering Trustworthy Topical News in Microblogs, ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW), San Francisco, USA, 2016.
- Md. Bilal Zafar, Parantapa Bhattacharya, Niloy Ganguly, Krishna P. Gummadi, Saptarshi Ghosh. Sampling Content from Online Social Networks: Comparing Random vs. Expert Sampling of the Twitter Stream, ACM Transactions on the Web (TWEB), vol. 9(3), 2015.
- KoustavRudra, Subham Ghosh, Niloy Ganguly, P. Goyal, Saptarshi Ghosh. Extracting Situational Information from Microblogs during Disaster Events: A Classification-Summarization Approach. ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), Melbourne, Australia, 2015.
- JuhiKulshrestha, Md. Bilal Zafar, LisetteEspinNoboa, Krishna P. Gummadi, Saptarshi Ghosh. Characterizing Information Diets of Social Media Users, AAAI International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM), Oxford, UK, 2015.
- Saptarshi Ghosh, SudiptaSaha, AjiteshSrivastava, Tyll Krueger, Niloy Ganguly, Animesh Mukherjee. Understanding Evolution of Inter-Group Relationships using Bipartite Networks, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC) - Special Issue on Emerging Technologies in Communications, IEEE, vol. 31(9), 2013.
- Niloy Ganguly, Saptarshi Ghosh, Tyll Krueger, AjiteshSrivastava. Degree Distributions of Evolving Alphabetic Bipartite Networks and their Projections, Theoretical Computer Science, Elsevier, vol. 466, 2012.
- Saptarshi Ghosh, Avishek Banerjee, Niloy Ganguly. Some Insights on the Recent Spate of Accidents in Indian Railways, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(9), 2012.
- Saptarshi Ghosh, Naveen Sharma, Fabricio Benevenuto, Niloy Ganguly, Krishna P. Gummadi. Cognos: Crowdsourcing Search for Topic Experts in Microblogs. ACM SIGIR International Conference, Portland, USA, 2012.
- Saptarshi Ghosh, BimalViswanath, FarshadKooti, NaveenSharma, GautamKorlam, Fabricio Benevenuto, Niloy Ganguly, Krishna P. Gummadi. Understanding and Combating Link Farming in the Twitter Social Network. World Wide Web Conference (WWW), Lyon, France, 2012.
- Max Planck-India Mobility Grant, for visiting Max Planck Institute for Software Systems (MPI-SWS), Germany for collaborative research for four years (2015)
- Humboldt Post-doctoral Fellowship, awarded by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation for post-doctoral research at MPI-SWS, Germany (2014)
- Microsoft TechVista PhD Poster Competition, organized by Microsoft Research India: 2nd prize in 2011, 1st prize in 2013
- Institute Silver Medal at IIT Kharagpur, for ranking 1st in Department in M. Tech. (2007)
- President’s Gold Medal at BESU Shibpur for ranking 1st in University in B.E. (2005)