Dr. Shyamaprosad Goswami
Department of Chemistry
Ex-Dean of Applied Science
- Ph.D. Chemistry, 1983, Calcutta University
- M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry Special) , 1974, Calcutta University
- B.Sc. (Honours in Chemistry), 1972, Calcutta University, Presidency College
- Office: +9133 2668 4561/62/63 (Ext. 498)
- Mobile: +919433301414
- EMail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Ph.D. Research Experience
- Postdoctoral research, Ohio State University, Columbus, USA, 1985-87
Advisor: Prof. Donald T. Witiak and Prof. George E. Milo
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Chemistry Department, Princeton University, USA, 1987-88
Advisor: Prof. Andrew D. Hamilton
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Chemistry Department, University of Pittsburgh, USA, 1988-89
Advisor: Professor Andrew D. Hamilton
- Senior Postdoctoral Research Associate and Research staff member, Chemistry Department, Princeton University, USA, 1989-92
Advisor: Prof. Edward C. Taylor
Area of Research
- Molecular Recognition, Supramolecular Chemistry
- Heterocyclic and Medicinal Chemistry
- Molybdenum cofactor chemistry and synthesis
- Synthetic Methodology
- Natural Products and Synthesis
- Organic Synthesis
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Molecular Recognition and Supramolecular Chemistry
- Manas Kumar Das, Shyamaprosad Goswami, Ching Kheng Quah, Hoong-Kun Fun, “A remarkable case of pterin specific oxidative coupling: unequivocal synthesis of 6,7-alkoxypterins and 1,4-dioxanopterin with ceric ammonium nitrate” Tetrahedron Letters, 2016, 57, 3277-3280.
- Avijit Kumar Das, Shyamaprosad Goswami, Ching Kheng Quah and Hoong-Kun Fun, “Relay recognition of F− and a nerve-agent mimic diethyl cyano-phosphonate in mixed aqueous media: discrimination of diethyl cyanophosphonate and diethyl chlorophosphate by cyclization induced fluorescence enhancement.” RSC Adv., 2016, 6, 18711-18717.
- Sangita Das, Krishnendu Aich, Shyamaprosad Goswami, Ching Kheng Quah and Hoong-Kun Fun, “FRET-based fluorescence ratiometric and colorimetric sensor to discriminate Fe3+ from Fe2+”, New J. Chem., 2016, 40, 6414-6420.
- Avijit Kumar Das, Shyamaprosad Goswami, Gorachand Dutta, Sibaprasad Maity, Tarun kanti Mandal, Kalyani Khanra and Nandan Bhattacharyya, “A concentration dependent auto-relay-recognition by the same analyte: a dual fluorescence switch-on by hydrogen sulfide via Michael addition followed by reduction and staining for bio-activity”, Org. Biomol. Chem., 2016, 14, 570-576.
- Abhishek Manna, Debasish Sarkar, Shyamaprosad Goswami, Ching Kheng Quah and Hoong-Kun Fun, “Single excited state intramolecular proton transfer (ESIPT) chemodosimeter based on rhodol for both Hg2+ and OCl−: ratiometric detection with live-cell imaging”, RSC Adv., 2016, 6, 57417-57423.
- Krishnendu Aich, Sangita Das, Shyamaprosad Goswami, Ching Kheng Quah, Deblina Sarkar, Tapan Kumar Mondal and Hoong-Kun Fun, “Carbazole–benzimidazole based dyes for acid responsive ratiometric emissive switches”, New J. Chem., 2016,40, 6907-6915.
- Shyamaprosad Goswami, Manas Kumar Das, Annada C. Maity, Ching Kheng Quah & Hoong-Kun Fun, “Synthesis of 7- Methyl-6-indolopterin and 7- Methyl-6-indoloquinoxaline”, Synthetic Communications, Accepted, 29 Jul, 2016.
- Sima Paul, Shyamaprosad Goswami and Chitrangada Das Mukhopadhyay, “A remarkable ratiometric fluorescent chemodosimeter for very rapid detection of hydrogen sulfide in the vapour phase and living cells”, New J. Chem., 2015, 39, 8940-8947.
- Krishnendu Aich, Shyamaprosad Goswami, Sangita Das, Chitrangada Das Mukhopadhyay, Ching Kheng Quah, and Hoong-Kun Fun, “Cd2+ Triggered the FRET “ON”: A New Molecular Switch for the Ratiometric Detection of Cd2+ with Live-Cell Imaging and Bound X ray Structure”, Inorganic Chemistry, 2015, 54, 7309-7315.
- Shyamaprosad Goswami, Sima Paul and Abhishek Manna, “A differentially selective molecular probe for detection of trivalent ions (Al3+, Cr3+ and Fe3+) upon single excitation in mixed aqueous medium”, Dalton Trans., 2015, 44, 11805-11810.