Dr. Subrata Chakraborty, FNAE, FIE
Professor and former Head of Civil Engg
Department of Civil Engineering
- PhD IIT Kharagpur 1997
- M Tech (Civil, Structural Engg) IIT Kharagpur 1993
- B E. Civil Engg Calcutta University, 1991
Area of Research
- Uncertainty Quantification, Reliability Analysis, Optimization under Uncertainty
- Dynamic Analysis under extreme events
- Earthquake Engineering, Seismic Vulnerability Assessment
- Vibration Control, Structural Health Monitoring
- Fibre Reinforced Composite
- Structural Analysis I
- Structural Analysis II
- Uncertainty Quantification in Engineering
- Probabilistic Structural Analysis
- Disaster Mitigation
- Modelling and Simulation
- Advance Structural Analysis
- Probabilistic Design of Structures
- Numerical Method for Structural Analysis
- Reliability Analysis of Structure
- Earthquake Engineering
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- Swarup Ghosh and Subrata Chakraborty, Analytical Seismic Fragility Analysis of RC Building Frame in The North Eastern India, Scientia Iranica In Press
- BehroozKeshtegar, Subrata Chakraborty, A hybrid self-adaptive conjugate first order reliability method for robust structural reliability analysis. Appl. Mathematical Rev (In Press).
- Shyamal Ghosh & Subrata Chakraborty, Simulation Based Efficient Seismic Fragility Analysis of Existing Structures, Earthquake & Structures, 12(5),2017 DOI:https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2017.12.5.000
- Papiya Das (Mondal), Aparna (Dey) Ghosh and Subrata Chakraborty, Control of underground blast induced building vibration by shape-memory-alloy rubber bearing (SMARB), Struct Control Health Monit. 2017;e1983.https://doi.org/10.1002/stc.1983
- Sondipon N Thakur, Chaitali Roy, Subrata Chakraborty, 'A new efficient higher order shear deformation theory for doubly curved laminated composite shell, Acta Mechanica, 228, 69-87, 2017 DOI 10.1007/s00707-016-1693-3
- Papiya D. Mondal, Aparna (D.) Ghosh, Subrata Chakraborty, Performances of various base isolation systems in mitigation of structural vibration due to underground blast induced ground motion, Int. J. of Structural Stability and Dynamics, 17(4),(2017)1750043 (23 pages),DOI: 10.1142/S021945541750043
- SomdattaGoswami, Shyamal Ghosh and Subrata Chakraborty, Reliability Analysis of structures by iterative improved response surface method, Structural Safety, 60, 2016, 56-66.
- Sudib K. Mishra, Sourav Gur, Koushik Roy, Subrata Chakraborty, Response of Bridges Isolated by Shape-Memory-Alloy-Rubber-Bearing subjected to Random Earthquakes, ASCE Bridge Engg. 21(3), 2016 DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE) BE.1943-5592.0000837.
- Sandip K Saha, Vasant Matsagar and Subrata Chakraborty, Uncertainty quantification and seismic fragility of base-isolated liquid storage tanks using response surface models, Probabilistic Engg Mechanics,43,(2016) 20-35.
- Subrata ChakrabortyRama Debbarma, Robust design of tuned liquid column damper in seismic vibration control of system characterized by uncertain bounded parameters, Structure and Infrastructure Engg, 12(5), 592–602, (2016)10.1080/15732479.2015.1031142.