Dr. Tapan Kumar Kar
Department of Mathematics
- 1990: B.Sc. (Honours) (First Class first) (Calcutta University) Major: Mathematics, Minors: Physics and Chemistry.
- 1993: M.Sc.(Calcutta University)(First class 2nd) Applied Mathematics, Specialization: Mathematical Biology.
- 1993: Qualified “National Eligibility Test (NET)” conducted by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and University Grants Commission (UGC)
- 1993: Qualified “Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)”, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
- 1994: M.Phil (Calcutta University) Applied Mathematics, Specialization: Mathematical Ecology.
- 2004: Ph.D. (Jadavpur University), Thesis title: Some Mathematical Models on Bioeconomic Harvesting Problems of Multispecies Fisheries. Supervisor: Professor Kripasindhu Chaudhuri, Jadavpur University.
- 2005-07: Post Doctoral Fellow (JSPS) Yokohama National University, JAPAN
- 2013: Visiting Professor, Kyoto University, Japan
- 2014: JSPS Invitation fellow, Kyushu University, Japan.
Teaching experience: 21 years
- 1996-2001: Lecturer, Department of Mathematics, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, Howrah, India.
- 2001-2005: Senior Lecturer, Department of Mathematics, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, Howrah, India.
- 2005-2008: Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, Howrah, India.
- 2008-2011: Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, Howrah, India
- 2011: Professor, Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
- Office: +9133 2668 4561 to 63 (Ext. 529)
- Phone: +91 98361 95503
- Residence: EE-103/1, Salt Lake, Sector-II, Kolkata-700091, West Bengal, India
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Research
Research Experience: 23 Years
- Dynamical systems
- Stability and bifurcation theory
- Population dynamics
- Mathematical ecology: Theoretical studies on ecology, population management, food chain, conservation of aquatic ecosystems, sustainable use of ecosystem services.
- Modeling and control of epidemiological problems.
- Mathematical modeling of eco-epidemiological problems.
- Pest control
- Impact of invasive species on the sustainable utilization of native species
All the Mathematics courses at graduate level.
- Special functions
- Computer programming
- Nonlinear Dynamics
- Mathematical Ecology
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- Ghosh, Bapan and Kar, T. K., Possible ecosystem impacts of applying maximum sustainable yield policy in food chain models, Journal of Theoretical Biology 329 (2013) 6-14 (Elsevier).
- Ghosh, Bapan and Kar, T. K., Sustainable use of prey species in a prey-predator system: Jointly determined ecological thresholds and economic trade-offs. Ecological Modelling, 272 (2014) 49-58 (Elsevier).
- Ghosh, Bapan, Kar, T. K. and Paul, Prosenjit, Extinction scenarios in exploited system: Combined and selective harvesting approaches, Ecological Complexity 19(2014)130-139 (Elsevier).
- Ghosh, Bapan, Kar, T. K. and Legovic, Tarzen, Relationship between exploitation, oscillation, MSY and extinction, Mathematical Biosciences, 256(2014)1-9 (Elsevier).
- Chakraborty, K, Das, Kunal and Kar, T. K., Modelling and analysis of a marine plankton system with nutrient recycling and diffusion, Complexity 21(1)(2015)229-241 (Wiley).
- Paul, Prosenjit, Ghosh, Bapan and Kar, T. K., Impact of species enrichment and fishing mortality in three species food chain models, Commun Nonlinear Sci Numer Simulat 29(2015)208-223 (Elsevier).
- Mondal, P. K., Jana, Soovoojeet, Haldar, Palash and Kar, T. K., Dynamical behavior of an epidemic model in a fuzzy transmission. International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems, 23(5)(2015)651-665 (World Scientific).
- Jana, Sovoojeet, Halder Palash, Kar, T. K. Complex Dynamics of an epidemic model with vaccination and treatment controls. International Journal of Dynamics and Control 4(2016)318-329 (Springer).
- Jana Soovoojeet, Haldar Palash and Kar T. K, Optimal control and stability analysis of an epidemic model with population dispersal. Chaos, Solitons and Fractals 83(2016)67-81 (Elsevier).
- Paul, Prosenjit, Kar, T. K., and Ghorai, Abhijit. Ecotourism and fishing in a common fishing ground of two interacting species, Ecological Modelling 328(2016) 1-13 (Elsevier).