Dr. Santasmita Das Bhattacharya
Assistant Professor (On Contract)
Department of Mining Engineering
- Ph.D.; Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur; 2010
- M.Sc.; Banaras Hindu University; 1999
- B.Sc.; Calcutta University; 1997
- Office: 488(extn.)
- Mobile: 9830223643, 9433301397
- Permanent address:B-9, Narkel Bagan, Kamdahari, Garia, Kolkata-84
- Present address:IIEST (former BESU), Shibpur,Howrah-3, West Bengal, India
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com
Area of Research
- Applications of Remote Sensing and GIS on Natural Resources, Hydrology and Urban planning.
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- Santasmita Das and Dr. P. K. Paul, Selection of site for small hydel using GIS in the Himalayan region of India, Journal of Spatial Hydrology, VOL 6, NO.1, Spring 2006. PP 17-28.
- Prabir K. Paul and S. Das, Landslide susceptibility evaluation of Git watershed of Kalimpong sub division, India using information value method, International Journal of Economic and Environment Geology, Vol 5(2), 2014, PP 18-24.
- Santasmita Das and Dr. P. K. Paul, Methodology for site suitability analysis of minihydel power plant using remote sensing and GIS – a case from Darjeeling sub division, Published in Indian Journal of Power and River Valley Development, Vol 52, No. 7 &8, July-August 2002, PP 157-160.
- P. K. Paul and S. Das, Development of a GIS-based environmental MIS for coal mining areas of West Bengal, Published in The Journal of Institute of Engineers, India, Vol 87, August, 2006.PP 30 –34.
- S. Das and P.K. Paul, Remote Sensing and GIS application to identify sites for small hydel, Published in the Indian Journal of Power and River valley development, Vol 56. No.7&8, July-August, 2006. PP 173-178.
- P.K.Paul & S.Das, “Reclamation planning of old abandoned/disused opencast mines of Eastern Coalfields Limited using GIS”, Published in the journal of Institute of Engineers, India, Vol 91, February 2011, PP 28-38.
P.K.Paul & S.Das “Landuse/landcover analysis to identify the effect of mining in the Burdwan District of West Bengal, using GIS and Remote Sensing”. Published in the MGMI transactions Vol 107, April 2010-March 2011, PP61-70.