Recent Research Topics include:
- Identification of Physiological Processes and Analysis, Synthesis and Design of Controllers for Drug Delivery System.
- Robust Control applications in aerospace and ballistic problems
- Efficient staple yarn characterization unit with multi- sensor fusion
- Discrete wavelet transform-based repetitive controller
- Design of Adaptive Controllers for Implantable Drug Delivery Systems
- Discrete event dynamical system
- Robust Stabilsation of Time Delay Systems
- Robust and Nonlinear Control
- Real Time Control of Laboratory Prototype Systems
- Observer based LSVF Control of Magnetic Levitation System
- Sliding Mode Control of a Two Tank system
- Hybrid PID Control of a Two Tank System
- Design and Development of Robust Controller for Inverted Pendulum Drive using Embedded System
Research facilities: Smart Control Laboratory
Real Time Linear Quadratic versus Sliding Mode Control of a Coupled Tank System using LabVIEW:
In Smart Control Laboratory, funded by UGC sponsored SAP project, Real-time SMC of CTS using LabVIEW
Objective: To maintain liquid level in Tank 2 equal to 8 cm using Linear Quadratic and Sliding Mode Control by controlling the pump input voltage via LabVIEW software.
Design and Development of Robust Controller for Inverted Pendulum Drive using Embedded:
In Smart Instrumentationl Laboratory, funded by UGC sponsored SAP project, Robust Control of a cart-inverted pendulum
Objective: Stabilisation of a Cart-Inverted Pendulum using Linear Quadratic and real time implementation on a GLIP 2001, Googol Tech (HK) setup.
Instruments Developed under Collaborative DST Projects by IIEST, Shibpur and NIRJAFT, ICAR, Kolkata
A Yarn Characterisation Unit: The staple yarn characterisation unit measures the diameter and mass irregularity of cotton/jute yarns along with the yarn faults, hairiness indices, hair counts, U%, CV% in a single run by dual sensing options like image processing and optical sensing. These measurements are useful to predict the final appearance and feel of fabrics in general and export oriented quality checking in particular.
The fabric bending stiffness tester : The complete behaviour of fabric bending stiffness can be determined dynamically in a simpler, mechanized and computerized way. This tester is suitable for all types of textile fabrics ranging from thin apparel to thick laminated nonwoven including semi- rigid coated fabrics. The dynamic bending stiffness will express the idea of drapability and creasing behaviour simultaneously.
The fabric electrical insulation tester: It can measure fabric electrical insulation property. This tester is suitable for almost all types of textile fabrics. The measurement of electrical insulation will help to design technical textiles used for flooring of high voltage instrument room, jackets used by technicians handling high voltage devices, gloves etc.
Multi Institutional Research Projects:
1. Industry-Institute (Multi Institute, IIEST, Shibpur and NIRJAFT, ICAR, Kolkata) Collaborative project entitled “Development of an efficient staple yarn characterization unit with multi-sensor fusion and field programmable gate array (FPGA) based data reduction card” funded by DST,GOI and Tech(Style), India. Project Code IDP/IND/25/2010 dated 17th August, 2011. Completed(on 30th April, 2015)
2 Industry-Institute(Multi Institute, IIEST, Shibpur and NIRJAFT, ICAR, Kolkata) Collaborative project entitled “Design and development of computerized instrument for testing bending behavior of semi-rigid fabric with special reference to technical textiles” funded by DST,GOI and Tech(Style), India. Project Code IDP/IND/19/2010 dated 30th January, 2012. Ongoing (From Jan 2012-Sept, 2015)