IIEST, Shibpur signs MOUs with Department of Natural Resources and Mines, Queensland Government, Australia through the Safety in Mines, Testing and Research Station (SIMTARS)
The Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, India (IIEST) through Mining Engineering Department and the Department of Natural Resources and Mines, Queensland Government, Australia through the Safety in Mines, Testing and Research Station (SIMTARS) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on May 9, 2017 to explore opportunities including the feasibility of promoting academic exchanges, research, joint projects and training.
The areas of cooperation covered by this MoU include the following:
- Visits between institutions by faculty, students and research staff;
- Sharing of research materials;
- Collaborative research projects and publications;
- Joint organisation of conferences, seminars or other academic meetings; and
- Training opportunities and programs to be delivered in both India and Australia.
The areas of collaborative research include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Mine safety technology;
- Spontaneous combustion;
- Coal characterisation, production, preparation and transport;
- Mine emergency response support; and
- Occupational health.