Admission: The M. Tech. in Mechatronics is a 4-semester (2 years) programme conducted jointly by BESU, Shibpur and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi, through its associated institutes, Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute (CEERI), Pilani, Central Scientific Instrument Organization (CSIO), Chandigarh and Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI), Durgapur. The programme is conducted by the participating institutes by utilizing their expertise and facilities available. The faculty members have been drawn from all the four places based on the expertise of scientists and academicians. While the course is conducted at BESU, CEERI, CSIO and CMERI, the academic degree is awarded to students by BESU on successful completion of the course.
- Eligibility: for open 18 seats, qualification required is valid GATE score with minimum 60% marks in B.E./ B.Tech. Mechanical/ Mechatronics / Production/ Automobile / Manufacturing / Aeronautical / Electrical / Electronics / Telecommunication / Instrumentation/ Control or equivalent.
- For Sponsored seats: No. of Students: 5: (CSIR + External) with minimum 60%marks in B.E./ B.Tech or equivalent in above discipline.
- Admission procedure: as per rules of Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur.
- Reservation norms will be applicable as per University Rules.
- All the academic rules of BESU (where applicable) will be followed for the programme.
- Course structure: subjects will be covered by the BESU and the participating Institutes of CSIR at CEERI, CSIO and CMERI.
Under this programme, the students undergo the classes of first semester at BESU where faculties of all disciplines are available and basic knowledge of different components of mechatronic systems is taught in an integrated manner. During the second semester, all the students attend classes sequentially in the CSIR laboratory where they are exposed to advanced knowledge on different subjects and best research facilities in respected fields. During the third and fourth semesters, the students are attached to above institutes where they mainly devote to their dissertation work besides doing an elective course. As the dissertation topics are based on ongoing projects of the institutes, students get first hand feeling of the professional world and challenges.
Ph D Curriculam
The University offers PH D programme through all of its departments and a number of schools and centres under the faculties of
- Engineering and Technology
- Basic and Applied Sciences
- Social and Management Sciences
Ph D programme is offered through the department of
- Aerospace & Applied Mechanics
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Human Resource Management
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
The Schools/centres offering PH D programmes are
- Community Science & Technology
- Management Scinces
- Material Science
- Mechatronics and Robotics
- Purabi Das School of Information Technology
- Safety and Occupational Hazards
- Centre for Green Energy and Sensor Systems
- Centre for Healthcare Science and Technology
Admission to the Ph D programme offered by different departments/schools and centres are done twice in a year. Announcement for admission to the PH D programme is usually done in the month of April/May and October/November each year. Only on-line application is accepted. Accommodation is arranged in a shared basis with the PG students. University is converting a UG hostel, which is no longer used to accommodate UG students, exclusively for the research scholars. Financial Assistance is available through different agencies like DST, CSIR etc. as well as limited number of Institutional scholarships. For more information please see the Ph D prospectus.
For details look at the relevant download section.
|Three Summer Research Fellow Programme of Indian National Science Academy / Indian Academy of Sciences IASc-INSA-NASI during 2009 -2010.|
|V.K. Niranjan||BITS, Pilani||Summer 2012|
|Ompraksh Bedant||IIT Guwahati||Summer 2012|
|J. Gayathri||PSG College, Coimbatore||Summer 2012|
|Raju Rawataji Nawalkishore||NIT Karnataka, Suratkal||Summer 2011|
|Balmukund Trivedi||NIT Warangle||Summer 2011|
|Oindrila Manna||HIT Haldia||Summer 2011|
|Subit Chakraborti||HIT Haldia||Summer 2011|
|Nandini Shukla||BIT Vellore||Summer 2011|
|Ms Atasi Giri||NIT Karnataka (Surathkal)||May - July 2010|
|Ms Liza Das||NIT Rourkela||May - July 2010|
|Ashutosh Bhuyan||NIT Rourkela||Summer 2009|