The Central Library is located in its own building and remains open for users, from 8 AM to 9 PM on weekdays, and 10 AM to 6:30 PM during weekends and holidays. The library infrastructure is getting augmented with better interiors and creation of space for congenial teaching-learning process.
Presently the Library is endowed with:
- Over 1.4 lakhs (approx) titles, including 5000 titles on Management
- 6000 Indian and International e-Journals
- E books (EBSCO -Business source Elite Plus), JSTOR database, Springer's LINK etc
- Computerized Cataloguing and Integrated Library Management System LIBSYS
- All prominent newspapers and business magazines
The fully Air-Conditioned Sub-Library of SOMS is equipped with 7000 books, Business Magazines & Journals. Each student is provided with 4(four) library cards & books are issued for 15 days. They are also provided with two business journals for 15 days..
The library is a member of the British Council Library, where from 20 books may be available at a time .
The sub-library is open from 10 a.m. to 6-30 p.m.
British Council Library
Institutional membership of the British Council Library is available for the students and Faculty members of SOMS. The School can borrow 20 books and 3 journals from the BCL at a time.
- Updated Central computer Centre
- Internet with Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Various Software’s and data bases like SPSS, Prowess, and CRISIL Research etc required for management education
- Blackboard Lerner is the learning management system. In SOMS, through this system students can access course materials at any time and from any computer with an Internet connection.
- SAP Learning Hub provides 24/7 access to online learning content, interactive SAP Learning Rooms and Students can choose from thousands of training titles – including e-learning courses, SAP transaction simulations, handbooks, and more.
To equip student with value – added competitive advantage and to develop their communicative skills, state of- the-art Communication Laboratory at par with Global benchmark has been set up. At a time 32 students can attend the communication class. Laboratory has been set up for catering to the needs of the students to enhance soft skills and also build their confidence through Mock Group discussion and Personal Interview session.
Students’ Activity Centre
A full- fledged department of the Institute, headed by a Professor-in-charge of Students Activities (PICSA) encourages and enables the students to participate in Games, Sports and various cultural activities and offers, inter-alia, facilities:
- The various clubs and societies prevailing in the institute where students can participate include:
1. Euphony, the music society
2. Adventure sports society
3. Catharsis, the photographic club
4. Les Thespian, the dramatic club
5. Quiz maniac, the quizzing club
6. Debsoc, the debating society
7. METIS, multidimensional and interactive club for sharing knowledge in Management discipline.
- Institute hall with a capacity to accommodate 400 people at a time, complete with state of-the-art sound system, stage, and lighting arrangement.
Except these a well equipped Gym and a swimming pool are also in the campus for the students.