“A water management expert having profound engineering & research experience in water technologies with proven track record of successful implementation of various projects on water & wastewater treatment, industrial water systems with appropriate application of management skills”
- Over 22 years of industrial experience in design, detail engineering, installation and commissioning of industrial water systems, a variety of water and industrial wastewater treatment plants involving physical and physico-chemical treatments, ion-exchange, sorption and membrane based separations, and biological methods of treatment.
- About 10 years of research experience (including PhD & Post-Doc research) in application and development of sorption, ion-exchange and membrane technologies for dealing with various water quality issues, mitigation and control of variety of contaminants in water
- 3 years of teaching experience (1 year as an Adjunct Faculty and 2 years as Teaching Assistant) in a renowned University, USA
Research& Development Skill
- Synthesis, characterization and application of novel/ hybrid sorbents and nano sorbents towards processes related to treatment of water and wastewater.
- Applications of different engineered processes in environmental separation/ water treatment such as ion exchangers, reactive polymers, sorbents and membranes in mitigation and control of different contaminants in water.
- Expertise in preparation of research project proposal, conduct laboratory scale and pilot-plant studies, address water quality and related environmental issues through sustainable solutions.
- Research & development activities for synthesis & scaling up of laboratory based product into commercial production, pilot-plant test and technological validation
Core Technical skill
- Expertise in water & wastewater treatment technologies
- Expertise in industrial water systems (cooling, make-up, process, fire-water etc)
- Knowledge based expertise on scientific principles & applications of treatment processes like adsorption, ion-exchange, membrane separation, physical-chemical & biological methods
- Conceptualized planning, development, interdisciplinary-coordination, review & reporting
- Expertise in development of HFDs, P&IDs, equipment and piping layout
- Design, engineering, implementation, performance testing with RFP & vendor management
- Research & development, addressing water quality issues, data analysis & interpretation
- Expertise in mitigation & control of trace contaminants, toxic substances in water
- Thorough knowledge on regulatory/ environmental norms for water and wastewater
- Excellent skill in content development, technical article/ paper writing and presentation
- Well conversant with different national and international codes & standards
- Guiding, mentoring and imparting training for knowledge & capacity building
- Ph.D. Environmental Engineering (2011) Lehigh University, Pennsylvania, USA
- M. E., Chemical Engineering (1987), Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
- B. E., Chemical Engineering (1984) Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India