On recommendation of the first Review Committee(1953), PICSA department was started as the Proctorial Department in 1956 with the objective of improving the personal qualities of students and looking after their discipline, welfare, and extra-curricular activities. The department was later renamed as the department of Students’ Activities with the redesignation of the Proctor in 1985 to Professor-in-charge of Students Activities. The department functions under the direct supervision of the Professor-in-charge of Students’ Activities.
- Improving the personal qualities of students and looking after their discipline, welfare and extra-curricular activities.
- Election to the Students’ Union, Sports, Cultural Activity, Quiz Fest, Tech Fest, Annual reunion, Seminars etc.
- Smooth and successful conduct of Additional Elective PT/NCC/NSS course for 1st year BE students.
- Supervision of Halls /Hostels is made regularly by Superintendents, selected specially from the Faculty members & Officers of the university community.
- Management and Supervision of Messes – through Joint Mess Committee.
- In order to create an environment conducive to foster growth of academic and cultural life in the University and to develop sound mental health of students by engaging themselves creatively within the University Campus, various societies like student’s society for Artistic Expression, student’s Society for Music and Dance, Students Society of scientific Expression have been formed and functioning under the overall guidance of this department.
Hostel and Mess Affairs
Presently total student strength – 3000 nos. (including UG & PG Day Scholars and Research Scholars).
Total No. of Halls / Hostels - 15
Only for UG Students - 09
UG & PG Combined - 03
Only for PG Students - 01
Exclusively for UG/PG Girls - 02
- Smooth conduct of Additional Elective PT/NCC/NSS with 100 marks for 1st year BE students (1st Semester & 2nd Semester) with proper evaluation process with a view to all-round development of personality in growing age groups.
- Central facilities for students relating to Indoor & outdoor Games and Sports.
Sports & Games facilities available in University (managed through Athletic Club)
Multi-use Play Ground OVAL LORDS Used for PT/NCC/NSS classes, Football, Cricket, Athletics (300m Track with 6 lanes).
Out-door Tennis Court : Grass Court
Out-door Volleyball Court : Grass Court
Table Tennis Board
Swimming Pool (for Swimming & Water Polo).
Gymnasium – 1 no. (Concrete)
Multi- Gym – 2 nos.
Central facility for Boys – 2 Nos. with 16 stations and 1 No with 12 stations.
Exclusively for Girls with vibrator apparatus – (placed in Ladies Hostel)
Weight Training apparatus - Sufficient Dumbell, Barbell, Weight Plate, Waist-Belt, Rope, Motorized Treadmill etc.
Department of Students’ Activities
Faculty Position : 3
Officer : 1
Physical Training Instructor (Part Time) : 1
Football Coach (Part Time) : 1
Support Staff : 13
Our Multi-dimensional Sports Culture
- National Level Participation
- Our venture towards Intra-mural activities
- Other Extra-mural events organized by BESU
National Level Participation:
- East Zone Inter-university Football (M) Tournament – Org. by AIU.
- East Zone Inter-university Cricket (M) Tournament – Org. by AIU.
- Vidyasagar Trophy Football Tournament – Org. by IFA, affiliated to AIFF (Inter-university of West Bengal).
- Ajoy Ghosh Trophy Cricket Tournament – Org. by CAB, affiliated to BCCI.
- All Bengal Inter-university Table Tennis Championships- Org. by WBTTA, affiliated to Table Tennis Federation of India.
- Inter-university Badminton Championships – Org. by WBBA, affiliated to Badminton Association of India.
- Chetan Devraj Inter-technical Institutes Cricket Tournament – Org. by BIT Mesra, Ranchi.
Our venture towards Intra-mural activities
- Inter-Deptt. Football competition for 1st semester boys.
- Inter-Deptt., Inter-year, Inter-Hostel Football tournament.
- Inter-year & Inter-Hostel Volleyball competition.
- Inter-Hostel Table-Tennis championships.
- University Athletic Meet.
Other Extra-mural Events
- Inter-Technical Institute Invitation Football Tournament.
- Inter-Technical Institute Invitation Cricket Tournament.