Dr. Ranjit Kumar Ray
Dr. M. N. Dastur School of Materials Science and Engineering
Former Professor, IIT, Kanpur
Visiting Scientist & Consultant, R&D division, Tata Steel
Dr. Rannjit Ray joined the institute as visiting professor in 2014
- Ph.D. (University of Birmingham, UK, 1973)
- Ph.D. (University of Calcutta, 1973)
- M.E. (University of Calcutta, 1966)
- B.E. (University of Calcutta, 1964)
Awards and Honours
- Calcutta Univ. Gold Medal (1966)
- Kamani Gold Medal of the IIM (1968)
- Commonwealth Scholarship (1970-73)
- Premchand Roychand Scholarship, Calcutta University (1976)
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship (1981-83)
- Mouat Medal of Calcutta University (1983)
- International Scientific Exchange Award, Canada (1988-89)
- Distinguished Alumnus Award, B.E. College (1989)
- Best Metallurgists' Award, Government of India (1991)
- Binani Gold Medal of IIM (1992)
- B.R. Nijhawan Award of the National Metallurgical Laboratory (1994)
- Special Invitation from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany (1997)
- Elected member of the International Committee on Textures of Materials (ICOTOM)
- Elected Fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineering(1999)
- G.D. Birla Gold Medal of the Indian Institute of Metals (2001)
- Elected Fellow of the Indian Institute of Metals (2001)
- Office: +91-33 2668 4561/62/63 (ext-638)
- Office: Room No. MST 203, Dr. M. N. Dastur School of Materials Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, Howrah: 711103
- Residence: Apartment 4C2, Glen Tower, Hiland Park, Kolkata - 700 094
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Polymer Nanocomposites
- Polymeric Biomaterials
- Water Purification using Nanomaterials
- Electrospinning and 3D printing of Polymeric Materials
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- Ashwin Pandit, A Murugaiyan, A Saha Podder; A Haldar, D Bhattacharjee, S Chandra and R K Ray (2005), Strain induced precipitation of complex carbonitrides in Nb-V and Ti-V microalloyed steels, Scripta Materialia. Vol. 53, no. 11, pp. 1309-1314.
- P P Bhattacharjee, R K Ray and A Upadhyayan (2005), Development of cube texture in pure Ni, Ni-W and Ni-Mo alloys prepared by the powder metallurgy route, Scripta Materialia. Vol. 53, no. 12, pp. 1477-1481.
- Sandip Ghosh Chowdhury and R K Ray (2005), Violation of Schmid's law and tension-compression asymmetry in L12 structured alloys: role of ordered structure, Materials Science and Technology. Vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 211-217.
- A. Haldar and R.K.Ray (2005), Microstructural and texture development in an extra low carbon steel during warm rolling, Materials Science and Engineering A, Vol. A391, 402-407.
- Satyam Suwas and R.K.Ray (2005), Texture evolution during β → O → α2 and β → α2 phase transformations in a Ti3Al-Nb alloy, Materials Science and Engineering A, Vol. A391, 249-255.
- A.Haldar,X.Huang, T. Leffers, N. Hansen and R.K. Ray (2004), Grain orientation dependence of microstructures in a warm rolled IF Steel, Acta Materialia, Vol. 52, Issue 18, 5405-5418.
- B. Bhattacharya and R.K. Ray (2004), Recrystallization behaviour of a heavily cold rolled Ni3Al(B, Zr) alloy, Metall. And Mater. Trans. A, Vol. 35A, 71-81.
- A. Chakrabarty, A. Upadhyay and R.K. Ray (2003), Microstructural evolution of 434 ferritic stainless steel with copper and boride addition, Trans. P.M.A.I, Vol. 29, 45-50.
- S. Suwas, I. Lahiri, R.K. Ray and S. Bhargava (2003), The Knoop hardness yield locus of Ti-24Al-11Nb alloy, Mater. Lett. Vol. 57, 3251-3256.
- A. Chakraborty, A. Upadhyay and R.K. Ray (2003), P/M processing of high-density ferritic stainless steel with boron additive for automotive application, Trans. I.I.M., Vol. 56, No.3, 205-213.
- 1. Textures in Materials Research, Ed. R.K. Ray and A.K. Singh, published simultaneously by Oxford and IBH Publishing Co.Pvt. Ltd. (New Delhi) 1999; and Science Publishers Inc. (Enfield, USA) 1999.
- 2. Materials for the Third Millennium, Ed. R.K. Ray, V.S.R. Murthy, N.K. Batra, K.A. Padmanabhan and S. Ranganathan, published simultaneously by Oxford and IBH Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd. (New Delhi) 2001, and Science Publishers Inc. (Enfield, USA) 2001.