Dr. Ujjwal Saha
- Ph.D. (IISc Bangalore) 2015
Area of Work
- Water Resources Engineering
- Climate Change Impact Analysis
- Office : 2668 4561 to 63, (ext-769)
- Residence : +91 80170 06797
- Fax : 91 33 2668 2916/4564
- Residential : Qtr. No. B250, IIEST, Campus, Shibpur, Howrah - 711103
- Office : , IIEST Shibpur, Howrah 711103
- E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Area of Interest
- Urban Hydrology
- Climate Change
- Storm Water Design
- Stochastic Rainfall Modeling
- Water Resources Engineering -I (Hydrology)
- Water Resources Engiineering -II (Irrigation)
- Water Resources Engineering - III (Advanced Hydrology)
- Water Resources Laboratory
- Advanced Numerical Analysis and Computer Programming (PG Common to all stream)
- Climate Change Impact Analysis (Open Elective)
- Flood Hazard Mitigation Engineering
- Surface Water Hydrology (PG)
- Flood Control Engineering (PG)
- Hydraulic Strucrure -I (PG)
- Hydraulic Struture-II (PG)
- Open Channel Flow-I (PG)
- Open Channel Flow-II (PG)
- Disaster Mitigation
- Building Planning and Drawing Sessional
- General Civil Engineering Problem Sessional
- Auto-CAD Laboratory
- Concrete Laboratory
- Surveying Laboratory
- Computer Laboratory
- Life Member (LM-2017-7732) of Indian Water Resources Soceity
- Life Member (M-1588510) of the Institute of Engineers (India) CV (Civil) Division
Research papers published (List)
- Chandra Rupa, R., Ujjwal Saha and Mujumdar, P.P., “Model and Parameter Uncertainty in IDF Relationships under Climate Change”, Advances in Water Resources, Volume 79 (2015) pp 127–139
- Dlamini, N.S., Rowshon, M.K., Saha, U., Lai, S.H. and Mohd, M.S.F.,"Developing and calibrating a stochastic rainfall generator model for simulating daily rainfall by Markov chain approach", Jurnal Teknologi, Volume 76 Issue 15 (2015) pp 13–19
- N.S. Dlamini, M.K. Rowshon, Ujjwal Saha, S.H. Lai, A. Fikri and J. Zubaidi, "Simulation of Future Daily Rainfall Scenario using Stochastic Rainfall Generator for a Rice-Growing Irrigation Scheme in Malaysia" Asian Journal of Applied Sciences, Volume 03 Issue 05 (2015) pp 492-501
- Ujjwal Saha, 'Diurnal Rainfall Variation of Bangalore HAL Airport', International Journal of Innovative Reseach in Science, Engineering and Technology, Volume 4 Special Issue 9 (2015) pp 63-68
- Ujjwal Saha, ''Hourly Rainfall Generation by Markov Chain Rainfall Generator", International Journal of Advances in Mechanical and Civil Engineering, Volume 4 Issue 3 (2017) pp 26-30
- P.P.Mujumdar, D. Raje, Ujjwal Saha, “Urban Flooding”, Journal of Hydrological Research and Development”, Vol. 4, 2009.
- Ujjwal Saha, “Climate Change Impact on Urban Environment”, Proc of the National Conference on Geo Environmental Issues and Sustainable Development (GEN-2014), MNNIT, Allahabad, Oct. 11-12, 2014.
- Ujjwal Saha, "Changes in future extreme rainfall over Kolkata: Implication of Urban Flooding", Proc of the National Conference on Water Resources and Flood Management with special reference to Flood Modelling, SVNIT, Surat, October 14-15, 2016.
- Ujjwal Saha, "Management of Urban Water Systems Considering the Impacts of Climate Change", Proc of Seminar on Sustainable development and urbanisation of Indian Building Congress, West Bengal State Centre, Kolkata, 10th September (2016).
|Sl No.||Name of the Conference/ Workshop||Duration||International/ National||Position held|
|1||Special Training on Climate Change Downscaling||October 27-30 2014||International/ Researchers of UPM, Malaysia||Sole Organizer and Trainer|
|2||Climate Change Impact Analysis||23rd May to 3rd June 2016||GIAN (International)||Sole Organizer and Indian Faculty|
Seminars and Events Organized
|Sl No.||Name of the Seminar / Event||Duration||International/ National||Position held|
|1||Green Building: Urban Habitats for India||10th April 2015||National||Co-Convener|
|2||World Water Day||25th April 2015||National (Institute Sponsored)||Co-Convener|
|3||Suatainable Advanced Technolohies for Environmental Management (SATEM-2017)||28th June to 39th June 2017||National||Technical and Review Committe member|
|4||Training Programme on Rural Engineering Issues for Nirman Sahayaks from Gram Panchayats under ISGPP-II||10th September to 13th December 2017||National (Govt. Sponsored)||Co-Ordinator of Water Resources Engineering Group|
- Delivered an Invited Lecture on "A Perspective on Flood Control and Storm Water Management" at 1-week Training Program on “GROUND WATER AND WATER QUALITY” during (3rd – 7th) March, 2014 (for ISGP Project Personnel under Panchayat and Rural Development Department, Government of West Bengal) at BESU, Howrah.
- Delivered an Invited Lecture on "Disaster Management in an era of Climate Change and Urbanization', TEQIP sponsored one day seminar on "Environment & Disaster - Protection and Practices" on 30th March 2017 by of Narula Institute of Technology, Agarpara under JIS Group.
- Delivered an Invited Lecture on "Climate Change Impact on Urban Environment" on National Seminar on Effects of Present Day Construction Industry and Environment, at R.N.Mukherjee Hall , Kolkata on 10th June 2017.
- Delivered an Invited Lecture on "Effect of Cyclone Shelter Construction on Coastal Environment and Remedial Measures' on 2nd Training and Orientation Programme on Quality Execution of Projects for third party quality auditor foe West Bengal Disaster Manangement Authority under National Cyclone Risk Mitigation Project - Phase II. at Silver Spring Hotel on 26th July 2017.
- Delivered total 10 invited Lecture on "Rainwater Harvesting" on Training Programme on Rural Engineering Issues for Nirman Sahayaks from Gram Panchayats under ISGPP-II at IIEST, Shibpur from September to December 2017.
Title of the Project
University Putra Malaysia (UPM)
Climate Smart Decision Support System-GUI for Malaysian Rice Irrigation Scheme
RM 10,000 (Rs. 1,65,000)
Modern Construction Company
Construction of Weir at Darakeshwar River near Pump House at Adra under South Eastern Railway
March 2018 - December 2018
Khagra Joydev Resources Pvt. Limited
Preparation of rain water harvesting (RWH) and artificial water recharges (AWR) for Khagra Joydev Coal Block (KJCB)
June 2018 – December 2018
International Research Visit
- Invited as a research collaborator for ‘Weather Generator development under climate change impacts (WGen-Climate): Putra Grant GP-IBT/2013/9406300’ of UPM, Malaysia from 26nd June 2015 to 5th July 2015.
- Invited as a Visiting Fellow from 28th November 2016 to 11th October 2016 at the Faculty of Engineering Science, KU, Lueven, Belgium for Study Visit. Academic Host was Dr. Patrick Willems.
- National Conference on Geo Environmental Issues and Sustainable Development (GEN-2014), Oct. 11-12, 2014, MNNIT, Allahabad.
- 2nd National Conference on Emerging Technology and Applied Sciences (NCETAS-2015) February 21-22 2015, Modern Institute of Engineering and Technology, Hoogly, West Bengal
- National Seminar on Sustainable development and urbanisation at10th September 2016 of Indian Building Congress, West Bengal State Centre.
- National Conference on Water Resources and Flood Management with Special reference to Flood Modelling (WRFM 2016) October 14- 15, 2016 SVNIT Surat
- National Seminar on Effects of Present Day Construction Industry and Environment, at R.N.Mukherjee Hall , Kolkata on 10th June 2017, Indian Building Congress, West Bengal State Centre
Training Programmes and Certificate Courses Attended
- 'Water Resources Management and Climate Change Impact Assessment' conducted under TEQIP sponsored by MHRD, GoI held on December 22-26, 2014 conducted by IIT, Guwahati.
- 'Eight Week Certificate Course in RS and GIS" conducted by Department of Higher Education, Science and Technology and Biotechnology : Geoinformatics and Remote Sensing Cell under Government of West Bengal from 4th June to 27th July 2018
- Lab-in Charge of WRE Lab from April 2014 to June 2016 (Procured new instruments and introduced new Experiments)
- Introduced the open elective Subject "Climate Change Impact Analysis"
- Worked as an Invited member in the Departmental Purches Committee from November 2014 to November 2016.
- Was member of the Committee of Academic Support Units and teaching Learning Process for the Preparation of documents for NBA
- Member of the Committee for procurement of software for the department
- Woked as a Mentor to the students for the event Udvabani 2015
- Worked as a Tabulator of marks for semester Examinations 2017 and 2018
- Convener of the Committee to review the infrastructure requirement of the department on August 2015
- Convener of the Committee for fixing the modalities for teaching the MINI project course on November 2015
- Convener of the Committee to restructure the existing class rooms on April 2016
- Convener of the Committee for restructuring the course structure of existing UG students May 2016
- Convener of the Committee for framing the course strcture for Dual degree students August 2016
- Professor in Charge of the Departmental web site from June 2016 to May 2018
- Convener of the Committee for preparation and maintenance of various academic documents/records from June 2016 to May 2018
- Convener of the Committee for preparing the convocation data for the year 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Convener of the Committee for preparing the Annual Report of the Department for the year 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Convener of the Proposed PTPG course in Water Resorces Engineering
- Teacher in charge of the Departmental Office purchase Committee from August 2018
- Member of the Website Committee since June 2018
- Member of the Routine Committee since November 2016.
- Teacher in charge of the Training and Placement Cell, Civil Engineering Department.
Any other information
- Appointed as an expert in the Technical Interview Committee for Post Graduate Entrance Examination 2017 of the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT) , Government of West Bengal (formerly WBUT).
- Appointed as a Moderator for Question Papers of various subjects in the Semester Examinations of Narula Institute of Technology, Agarpara
- Appointed as an external academician member of the Boad of Studies (B.O.S) of the NIT, Agarpara since 15th March 2017