Department of Computer Science and Technology
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Phone: +91-33-26684561/62/63, Mobile: +91-9831613404
Currently, I am working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Technology at IIEST Shibpur. I received the B.E degree in Computer Science and Engineering from University of Burdwan, subsequently completed M. Tech. degree in Computer Science and Technology from Kalyani University and PhD degree in Computer Science and Technology from IIEST Shibpur. I worked as Lecturer in Computer Science and Engineering in BIT, Kolkata from 2006 to 2010 and as Assistant Professor in the same institute from 2010 to 2013. I then joined at Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shiibpur as Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Technology.
- Ramnath Dutta; Sekhar Mandal and Samit Biswas; "Automatic Abstraction of Combinational Logic Circuit from Scanned Document Page Images.", Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis: Advances in Mathematical Theory and Applications (Accepted September, 2018)
- Sayan Mandal; Samit Biswas; Amit Kumar Das and Bhabatosh Chanda; "Map image binarization and stitching using extraction of regions", Journal of Theoretical and Applied Computer Science, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 28-40, 2015.
- Samit Biswas, Amit Kumar Das, and Bhabatosh Chanda. Text Segmentation from Bangla Land Map Images, Image Processing & Communications, 19(1), 21-34, 2014. doi: https://doi.org/10.1515/ipc-2015-0003
- Arpita Dutta, Arpan Garai and Samit Biswas, "Segmentation of Meaningful Text-Regions from Camera Captured Document Images," 2018 Fifth International Conference on Emerging Applications of Information Technology (EAIT), Kolkata, 2018, pp. 1-4. URL: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=8470403&isnumber=8470394
- Arpan Garai, Samit Biswas; Sekhar Mandal; Bidyut. B. Chaudhuri , "Automatic dewarping of Camera Captured Born-Digital Bangla Document Images", ICAPR 2017 (Accepted)
- Samit Biswas; Sekhar Mandal; Amit Kumar Das, "Representation and reconstruction of map regions", in Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR), 2015 13th International Conference on, vol., no., pp.516-520, 23-26 Aug. 2015, doi: 10.1109/ICDAR.2015.7333815
- T. Banerjee and S. Biswas, "Hand-drawn line removal from Bangla printed document images", 2015 IEEE International Conference on Computer Graphics, Vision and Information Security (CGVIS), Bhubaneswar, 2015, pp. 116-121. doi: 10.1109/CGVIS.2015.7449904
- Samit Biswas; Sekhar Mandal; Amit Kumar Das and Bhabatosh Chanda, "Land map images binarization based on distance transform and adaptive threshold", Document Analysis Systems (DAS), 2014 11th IAPR International Workshop on, vol., no., pp.334-338, 7-10 April 2014, doi: 10.1109/DAS.2014.15
- Sayan Mandal, Samit Biswas, Amit Kumar Das, and Bhabatosh Chanda, "Binarisation of colour map images through extraction of regions", In Computer Vision and Graphics - International Conference, ICCVG 2014, Warsaw, Poland, September 15-17, 2014. Proceedings, pages 418-427, 2014.
- Samit Biswas and AmitKumar Das. "Text segmentation from land map images.", In Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence, volume 8251 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 521-529. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2013
- Introduction To Computing.
- Compiler Design.
- Formal Language and Automata Theory.
Department of Computer Science & Technology, IIEST, Shibpur - 7111 03, INDIA