Graduated in Electrical Engineering with honours from Jadavpur University, India in 1996, and received the Master’s degree with honours in Electrical Engineering with specialization in High Voltage Engineering from Jadavpur University in 1999 (was rank holder in both). Received the PhD (Engg.) degree from Jadavpur University in 2003.
- 20+ years of Under-Graduate & Post-Graduate Teaching and Research Experience in State University and Centrally Funded Technical Institute and 5 years of experience of working in the industries
- H-index:16, i-10 index:28 and about 800 citations in Google Scholar as on December 2022.
- Authored 3 text books and 8 book chapters published by reputed international publishing houses
- Guided 9 PhD research scholars and presently guiding few more PhD scholars
- More than 90 research publications in peer reviewed journals and conferences including Transaction of the IEEE, Journals of the IET, Elsevier and Springer.
- Awarded the “Best Paper Awards” 3 times.
- Successfully executed 3 numbers of Govt. Sponsored Research Projects and has also rendered Expert Services in a number of Consultancy Projects.
- Served as Track Chair and Session Chair in more than 10 reputed International and National Conferences.
- Delivered more than 50 Invited Talks as Resource Person in various National and International Conferences, Seminars and Faculty Development Programs organized by different NITS and Universities.
- Expert member of the Doctoral Committees of different NITS and Universities.
- Expert Member in the the Board of Studies of different academic institutes.
Ph. D. (2003)
Rupanjali Bhattacharjee and Abhinandan De, "A Novel Bus Ranking Algorithm based Heuristic Optimization Scheme for PMU Placement", (accepted for publication and currently in press), IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Impact Factor: 11.65 (SCI Indexed)., 2022
S. Chanda, S., Maity and A. De, “A differential evolution modified quantum PSO algorithm for social welfare maximisation in smart grids considering demand response and renewable generation”, Microsystem Technologies, Springer, Impact Factor: 2.012 (SCI Indexed), 2022
S. Gunturi, D. Sarkar and A. De, “A Combined Graph Theory - Machine Learning Strategy for Planning Optimal Radial Topology of Distribution Network”, pp. 1158-1168., Electric Power Components and Systems (Taylor & Francis), Impact Factor 1.398 (SCI Indexed), 2022
Rituparna Mukherjee and Abhinandan De, Real-time Dynamic Security Analysis of Power Systems using Strategic PMU Measurements and Decision Tree Classification, Electrical Engineering, Springer (SCI Indexed), Impact Factor: 1.128, 2021
Rituparna Mukherjee and Abhinandan De, Development of an Ensemble Decision Tree-Based Power System Dynamic Security State Predictor, Vo.14, No.3, pp.3836-3843, IEEE Systems Journal (SCI Indexed), Impact Factor: 4.463, 2020
Shampa De, Abhinandan De and Gautam Bandyopadhyay, Development of a New Multi-graded Winding to Alleviate Resonant Characteristic of EHV Transformers, Volume 14, Issue 21, pp.4965–4973, IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution (SCI Indexed), Impact Factor: 3.329, 2020
Subhra Jana and Abhinandan De, A Structured Approach to Downsize Data Administration and Improve Fault Recognition Accuracy for Large Power Systems, Volume 14, Issue 14, 2731 – 2739, IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution (SCI Indexed), Impact Factor: 3.229, 2020
Dipu Sarkar, Pushpanjalee Konwar, Abhinandan De and Sanjay Goswami, A graph theory application for fast and efficient search of optimal radialized distribution network topology, Journal of King Saud University - Engineering Sciences, Elsevier (SCOPUS Indexed, Impact Factor: 2.588), 2019
Shampa De, Abhinandan De and Gautam Bandyopadhyay, A Self-Capacitance Grading Approach to suppress Winding Resonance in EHV Transformers under Oscillatory Terminal Disturbances, 3, 310 - 315, High Voltage, IET (SCI Indexed, Impact Factor: 3.508), 2018
S. Jana and A. De, Waveform Analysis Based Intelligent Fault Classifier with Novel Fault-Zone Segregations for Real-Time Application in Large Power Networks, 46, 872-885, Electric Power Components and Systems , Taylor & Francis (SCI Indexed, Impact Factor: 0.888), 2018