Dr. Satarupa Roychowdhury is a Faculty in the area of Accounting and Finance at IIEST, Shibpur since November 2020. Prior to this, she was teaching at Army Institute of Management, Kolkata as Assistant Professor and head of Finance and Finance Coordinator for nearly 5 years. She has more than 12 years of teaching experience in the field of finance in different B-Schools in West Bengal, including some visiting roles in institutes like NSHM, IMT Ghaziabad (Kolkata Centre), etc. Before starting her teaching career, she had a short stint as Officer in Retail Liabilities Group with ICICI Bank, for one year. She graduated in B.Com (H) from Goenka College of Commerce & Business Administration in the year 2000 and has earned the Accounting Technician Certificate from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). She completed her MBA (Gold Medalist) in Finance from West Bengal University of Technology, now MAKAUT in the year 2004. She has done M.Phil in Management from Global Open University and has qualified UGC NET in Management in the year 2011. She earned her Ph.D. degree in Commerce from the University of Calcutta in 2019 under the able guidance of Prof. J. K. Das.
Her research interests lie in Corporate Finance, Capital Markets and Corporate Governance.
- Ph.D. (2019), University of Calcutta
- UGC NET in Management (2011)
- M.Phil in Management (2010)
- MBA (Gold Medalist, 2004) in Finance, BIMS, WBUT
- B. Com (H) (2000), Goenka College of Commerce & B. A., University of Calcutta She has professionally qualified CA Intermediate from Institute of Chartered Accounts of India and possesses a valid AMFI Mutual Fund Certificate from NSE, India.
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Company Accounts and Corporate Taxation and Tax Planning
- Strategic Financial Management and Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Financial Markets, Financial Institutions and Services
- International Financial Management
- Corporate Finance
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance
- Roychowdhury S., Roychowdhury S. (2007) “Mergers and Acquisitions in Indian and Global Context for Steel Sector” AIMA e-journal, Vol 1, 2/4.
- Roychowdhury S. (2009) “Indian Management Education: Issues for Concern” IMS Management Journal, ISSN 0975-0800, Vol 1, pp 12-18, January, 2009.
- Roychowdhury S. “Environmental & Social Reporting by Power Sector Enterprises in India” Indian Accounting Review, ISSN 0972-1754, Vol 13, No. 2, December 2009.
- Roychowdhury, S. (2010) “Corporate Governance in India: Conflict between Dominant and Minority Shareholders” IMS Management Journal, ISSN 0975-0800, Vol 2, pp. 37-44, January, 2010.
- Roychowdhury S. (2011) “IFRS: Emerging Opportunities and Challenges for India” IMS Management Journal, ISSN 0975-0800, Vol 3, pp. 101-110, January, 2011.
- Roychowdhury S., Roychowdhury S. (2012) “Use of Derivatives in Creating High Performance Organization: The Case of the Indian Steel Industry” GROWTH, Journal of Management Training Institute, SAIL, Ranchi, ISSN 2249-6394, Vol. 40, No.1, pp.10-19, April-June, 2012.
- Roychowdhury S. (2014) “A Study on Investor Perception of Small Savings Scheme in West Bengal” Kindler, published by Army Institute of Management Kolkata, ISSN 0973-0486, Vol XIV, No. 1 & 2, 2014, pp.35-43.
- Roychowdhury S., Kumari S. (2015) “The Impact of Eurozone Crisis on the Indian Economy” Kindler, published by Army Institute of Management Kolkata, ISSN 0973-0486, Vol XV, No. 1, 2015, pp.51-66.
- Roychowdhury S. (2019) “Performance Appraisal of B-Schools in West Bengal: An Empirical Study based on Students’ Perceptions” Journal of Business Studies, University of Calcutta, Vol. XXXIX, No. 1 & 2, pp.17-31, ISSN: 0970-9657.
Books/ Edited Chapters
- Chapter titled ‘Chit Funds and Microfinance Regulatory Structure in West Bengal and its Effect on Investor Perception’ in the book “Financial System and its regulation in India” by Pandey, A., Sharma, G.L. and Mehta, V. K. (Ch. 14, 2016, Tata Mc-Graw Hill Publications, ISBN-13: 978-93-392-2426-4, ISBN-10: 93-392-2426-4)