- Ph.D (Machine Drives & Power Electronics/EE-1999, IIT Kharagpur, W.B. India).
- M.Tech (Machine Drives & Power Electronics/EE-1994, IIT Kharagpur, W.B. India).
- B.E. (EE-1992, Jadavpur University, Calcutta, W.B. India).
1. Power Electronic converters: Design, fabrication and testing of (a) IGBT, MOSFET, BJT and SCR based VSI, CSI, DC-DC converters, Rectifiers, (b) Generalised Power Converters, (c) SiC-based high frequency Power converters, (d) Power Converters for special applications like induction heating, welding, repulsion type levitation, (e) Power Converters for electric drives
2. Electrical Machines and Drives: Design, fabrication, analysis and testing of (a) conventional rotary, (b) axial flux type rotary versions of Switched reluctance motors, BLDC, PMSM, and Syn reluctance Motors, (c) linear motors like LIM, LPMSM, and (d) tubular linear induction motor - TLIM
3. Special Electromagnetics applications: Design, fabrication, analysis, and testing of (a) Electromagnetic attraction and repulsion type levitation systems (b) induction heating coils and (c) welding set-ups
4. Power systems applications of PE converters: Fabrication and testing of Power electronic converter based-FACTS devices - STATCOM and UPQC.
Janardan Kundu, Mainak Sengupta, Detailed comparative investigations on levitation prototypes of a ball and a rectangular plate of same mass using a novel analytical model and experiments, 46 (81), Sadhana - Academy Proceedings in Engineering Sciences, 2021
Abhishek Kar, Mainak Sengupta, Design, Analysis and Experimental Validation of a Variable Frequency Silicon Carbide-based Resonant-Converter for Welding Applications, 46 (75), Sadhana - Academy Proceedings in Engineering Sciences, 2021
Kar A., Miura-Mattausch M., Sengupta M., Navarro D., Kikuchihara H., Takahiro Iizuka T., Rahaman H and Mattausch H.J., Simulation-based Power-Loss Optimization of General-Purpose High-Voltage SiC MOSFET Circuit under High-Frequency Operation, Access-2021-01898, IEEE-Access, 2021
Paitandi S. and Sengupta M, Implementation of a novel and versatile initial rotor position estimation method on surface mounted permanent magnet synchronous motor prototype at zero speed, 45, 23, Sadhana - Academy Proc. in Engg. Sc., 2020
Mukherjee P. and Sengupta M, Comparative analytical and experimental study of fabricated identical Surface and Interior Permanent Magnet BLDC motor prototypes, 45, Sadhana - Academy Proc. in Engg. Sc., 2020
Paitandi S. and Sengupta M, Analysis, fabrication and detailed comparative study of Surface and Interior Rotor PMSM Prototypes of Identical Nominal Ratings and Stator, 45, 24, Sadhana - Academy Proc. in Engg. Sc., 2020
Kundu J. and Sengupta M, Design, analysis, fabrication, control and comparative study of two different shaped plate levitation prototypes, 45, 23, Sadhana - Academy Proc. in Engg. Sc., 2020
Mukherjee P., Paitandi S. and Sengupta M, Comparative analytical and experimental study of fabricated identical Surface and Interior Permanent Magnet BLDC motor prototypes, 45, 23, Sadhana - Academy Proc. in Engg. Sc., 2020
Roy D. and Sengupta M.,, A novel and precise on-line digital measurement of unsaturated phase inductance of a switched reluctance motor, 44, Sadhana - Academy Proceedings in Engineering Sciences, 2019
Barman B. and Sengupta M.,, Detailed analytical and experimental investigations on voltage source inverter fed Induction Heating Prototype, 9th National Power Electronics Conference (NPEC- 2019), NIT Trichy, 2019