- Ph.D (Machine Drives & Power Electronics/EE-1999, IIT Kharagpur, W.B. India).
- M.Tech (Machine Drives & Power Electronics/EE-1994, IIT Kharagpur, W.B. India).
- B.E. (EE-1992, Jadavpur University, Calcutta, W.B. India).
1. Power Electronic converters: Design, fabrication and testing of (a) IGBT, MOSFET, BJT and SCR based VSI, CSI, DC-DC converters, Rectifiers, (b) Generalised Power Converters, (c) SiC-based high frequency Power converters, (d) Power Converters for special applications like induction heating, welding, repulsion type levitation, (e) Power Converters for electric drives
2. Electrical Machines and Drives: Design, fabrication, analysis and testing of (a) conventional rotary, (b) axial flux type rotary versions of Switched reluctance motors, BLDC, PMSM, and Syn reluctance Motors, (c) linear motors like LIM, LPMSM, and (d) tubular linear induction motor - TLIM
3. Special Electromagnetics applications: Design, fabrication, analysis, and testing of (a) Electromagnetic attraction and repulsion type levitation systems (b) induction heating coils and (c) welding set-ups
4. Power systems applications of PE converters: Fabrication and testing of Power electronic converter based-FACTS devices - STATCOM and UPQC.
Sengupta S., Dey S., Roy D., Sengupta M.,, Real Time Simulation of a Switched Reluctance Motor on a Miniature Full Spectrum Simulator, NPEC 2021, 01-06, Proc. Of the 10th National Power Electronics Conference NPEC-2021, 2021
Kar A.., Manna S., Sengupta M., Banerjee G.,, Design, Fabrication and Testing of gate driver and Double Pulse Test board for SiC MOSFETs, NPEC 2021, 01-06, Proc. Of the 10th National Power Electronics Conference NPEC-2021, 2021
105. Kar A., Manna S., Banerjee G. , Sengupta M, Design, Analysis, Fabrication & Testing of SiC Device based High Frequency Synchronous DC-DC Converters, NPEC 2021, 01-06, 10th National Power Electronics Conference NPEC-2021, 2021
104. Paitandi S., Dey S., Mukherjee P., Sengupta M., Investigations on losses and temperature rise in PMAC machines with distributed and concentrated windings and different rotor locations, NPEC 2021, 01-06, 10th National Power Electronics Conference NPEC-2021, 2021
103. Piri J., Sengupta M., Bandyopadhyay G., A Voltage Source Inverter based Hardware Emulator to Realise Low Frequency Electromechanical Oscillations in Power Systems, NPEC 2021, 01-06, 10th National Power Electronics Conference NPEC-2021, 2021
Kar A., Ghosh K., Sengupta M. and Barman B, Analysis and Design of Efficient SiC-Based Load Resonant Converter with advanced features for Arc Welding Applications, 46, Sadhana - Academy Proceedings in Engineering Sciences, 2021
Janardan Kundu, Mainak Sengupta, Detailed comparative investigations on levitation prototypes of a ball and a rectangular plate of same mass using a novel analytical model and experiments, 46 (81), Sadhana - Academy Proceedings in Engineering Sciences, 2021
Abhishek Kar, Mainak Sengupta, Design, Analysis and Experimental Validation of a Variable Frequency Silicon Carbide-based Resonant-Converter for Welding Applications, 46 (75), Sadhana - Academy Proceedings in Engineering Sciences, 2021
Kar A., Miura-Mattausch M., Sengupta M., Navarro D., Kikuchihara H., Takahiro Iizuka T., Rahaman H and Mattausch H.J., Simulation-based Power-Loss Optimization of General-Purpose High-Voltage SiC MOSFET Circuit under High-Frequency Operation, Access-2021-01898, IEEE-Access, 2021
Paitandi S. and Sengupta M, Implementation of a novel and versatile initial rotor position estimation method on surface mounted permanent magnet synchronous motor prototype at zero speed, 45, 23, Sadhana - Academy Proc. in Engg. Sc., 2020