07 Mar 2016Registration No.:
06 Apr 2017Supervisor: Partha Bhattacharyya
- Pursuing Ph.D. at School of VLSI Technology, Indian Institute of Engineering Science & Technology (IIEST), Shibpur, Howrah, West Bengal, India
- M.Tech in VLSI-Design from Institute of Radio Physics and Electronics, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India (Year of Passing: 2015)
Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA): 9.19
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE) from West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT), Kolkata, India (Year of Passing: 2013)
Degree grade point Average (DGPA): 9.18
- H.S.– XII from Sarat Chandra Sur Institution, affiliated to West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (W.B.C.H.S.E), Kolkata, India (Year of Passing: 2009)
- Madhyamik-X from Sarat Chandra Sur Institution, affiliated to West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (W.B.B.S.E), Kolkata, India (Year of Passing: 2007)
Topic: Theoretical simulation and experimental validation of functionalized graphene based gas/vapor sensor devices
- GATE (EC): 2013, 2014
- CBSE-UGC NET (Dec 2014, Dec 2015, July 2016) in Lectureship
Semiconducting metal oxide and novel graphene derivative based gas sensor device design, fabrication and characterization, 2D Materials, Nanotechnology, Electronic Devices, VLSI Technology
Technical Skills :
- Languages and Software: Atomistic Simulation Software (QuantumATK, Quantumwise ATK v2016.1, Quantum Espresso), SPICE (T-Spice, P-Spice, Tanner EDA, Mentor Graphics), VHDL, Auto-CAD, Comsol multiphysics v5.2, MATLAB, Origin Graph Plotter, C, C#, Latex, 8085 Simulator, LabVIEW, X-Pert HighScore plus, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Adobe Photoshop 6
Experimental Skills :
- Material Synthesis : Trained in carrying out device fabrication using Sol-Gel, Hydrothermal, Electrochemical, CBD techniques. Familiarize with Oxidation/Diffusion, Photolithography, Spin coating, Dip coating, Thermal Evaporation, E-Beam Evaporation techniques.
- Characterization Technique : Trained in handling Semiconductor Parameter Analyser (e.g. Keysight E4990A Impedance analyser, Keithley 6487 Picco-Keysight ammeter/voltage source), Agilent LCR Meter, FESEM, Raman, XPS, XRD, FTIR, EDX, BET, AFM, Dektak profilometer, I-V measurement, C-V measurement, Oscilloscope, Function Generator, and Digital Multimeter.
Presently working at : School of VLSI Technology, Indian Institute of Engineering Science & Technology (IIEST), Shibpur, Howrah
Work Experience: PhD Internship (ILDP Study Abroad Program) for 2 months (January, 2019- March, 2019) at Hiroshima University, Kagamiyama, Higashihiroshima, Hiroshima 739-8511, Japan
- Achieved Visvesvaraya (VVS) Fellowship for Ph.D. Research Programme at IIEST, Shibpur, Howrah, West Bengal, India.
- Silver Medalist (Ranked: second) during M.Tech Program in the specialization of VLSI Design at University of Calcutta, Kolkata.
- Institute Batch Topper during B.Tech Program (2009-2013) at Camellia Institute of Technology, WBUT, Kolkata.
- Achieved AICTE (GATE) Fellowship for M.Tech Programme
- Qualified in GATE (EC) in 2013, 2014.
- Qualified in CBSE-UGC NET (Dec 2014, Dec 2015, July 2016) in Lectureship
- Qualified for Fellowship for B.Tech Programme by Government of West Bengal for being in the top 50 students in Higher Secondary Examination.
- Indranil Maity, Debanjan Acharyya, Kuoyou Huang, Peifang Chung, Monshu Ho, Partha Bhattacharyya, “A Comparative Study on Performance Improvement of ZnO Nanotubes based Alcohol Sensor Devices by Pd and rGO Hybridization”, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 65, no. 8, pp. 3528-3534, 2018 (Impact Factor: 2.913)
- I. Maity, K. Ghosh, H. Rahaman and P. Bhattacharyya, “Selectivity Tuning of Graphene Oxide-Based Reliable Gas Sensor Devices by Tailoring the Oxygen Functional Groups: A DFT Study-Based Approach”, IEEE Trans. Device Mater. Rel., vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 738-745, 2017 (Impact Factor: 1.407)
- I. Maity, K. Ghosh, H. Rahaman, P. Bhattacharyya, “Tuning of electronic properties of edge oxidized armchair graphene nanoribbon by the variation of oxygen amounts and positions”, J Mater Sci: Mater Electron, vol. 28, pp 1-9, 2017 (Impact Factor: 2.22)
- Indranil Maity, Partha Bhattacharyya, “Room Temperature Acetone Sensing Performance of rGO-ZnO Nanotubes Binary Hybrid Structure”, Sensor Letters, (American Scientific Publishers), vol. 17, pp. 417–422, 2019
- I. Maity, K. Ghosh, H. Rahaman, P. Bhattacharyya, “Spin Dependent Electronic Transport in Edge Oxidized Zigzag Graphene Nanoribbon”, Materials Today: Proceedings, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 9892-9898, 2018
- Indranil Maity, Hiroki Nagasawa, Toshinori Tsuru and Partha Bhattacharyya, “Correlation between Ammonia Selectivity and Temperature Dependent Functional Group Tuning of GO”, IEEE Trans. Nanotechnol. (Under review) (Impact Factor: 2.196)
- B. Chakraborty, I. Maity, P. Chung, M. Ho, and P. Bhattacharyya, “Understanding the Highly Selective Room Temperature Methanol Sensing Mechanism of Electrodeposited Pristine MoS2 using First Principal Analysis”, IEEE Sensors Journal (Under review) (Impact Factor: 3.076)
- I. Maity, H. Rahaman, and P. Bhattacharyya, DFT based simulation for predicting alcohol adsorption on oxygenated functional group containing GO and rGO based gas sensor devices, 3rd International Symposium on Devices, Circuits and Systems (ISDCS 2020), IIEST Shibpur, Howrah, India, 4-6th March 2020
- Indranil Maity and Partha Bhattacharyya, Potentiality of Surface Modified TiO2 Nanoflowers for Alcohol Sensing Application, 2nd International Symposium on Devices, Circuits and Systems & Workshop on Optoelectronics (ISDCS 2019), Hiroshima University, Higashi-Hiroshima, Japan, 06-08th March, 2019
- Indranil Maity, Debanjan Acharyya, Partha Bhattacharyya, Performance Improvement of TiO2 Nanoflowers based Gas Sensor Devices Incorporating Pd and rGO as the Surface Modifier: A Comparative Study, 1st International conference on Nanotechnology: Theory and Applications, Cairo, Egypt, 10th -13th December, 2018
- Indranil Maity, Debanjan Acharyya and Partha Bhattacharyya, Selective Molecular Sieving by Tailoring the Etch Hole Dimensions of rGO in rGO-ZnO Nanotubes Based Hybrid Structure, IEEE International Symposium on Devices, Circuits and Systems (ISDCS-2018), Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, Howrah, India, March 29th - 31st 2018
- Indranil Maity, Bikramdeb Chakraborty, and Partha Bhattacharyya, GO Based Highly Efficient Volatile Organic Compound Sensor on Flexible Substrate for Diagnosis of Diabetes Mellitus and NAFLD through Exhaled Breath, International conference on Synthesis, Characterization and Application of Nano materials, SCAN-2019 (MRS-Singapore), 1-2 November, 2019
- Indranil Maity, and Partha Bhattacharyya, Point of Care Diagnosis of Liver Cancer through Detection of Trace Amount of Acetone in Exhaled Breath using GO based Power Efficient Organic Vapor Sensor, Young Scientists' Colloquium-YSC-2019 (MRSI-Kolkata), SINP, Kolkata 17th September, 2019
- Indranil Maity, Koushik Dutta, and Partha Bhattacharyya, A Non-conventional Resistive Mode Humidity Sensor based on Graphene Oxide”, International Workshop on Physics of Semiconductor Devices: IWPSD-2019, Novotel Hotel, Kolkata, India, 17-20 December 2019
- Bikramdeb Chakraborty, Indranil Maity and Partha Bhattacharyya, Equivalent Circuit Model of GO and rGO Based Devices: A Systematic Comparison, Symposium on Carbon Nanomaterial Electronics, SCNE-2019, BITS Pilani, Pilani, Rajasthan, 8-9 November, 2019
- Indrajit Sil, Indranil Maity and Partha Bhattacharyya, Detection of Unknown Vapor Species using Graphene Oxide Sensor employing Noise Analysis Approach, Symposium on Carbon Nanomaterial Electronics, SCNE-2019, BITS Pilani, Pilani, Rajasthan, 8-9 November, 2019
- Bikramdeb Chakraborty, Indranil Maity, Koushik Dutta, and Partha Bhattacharyya, A Quantitative Equivalent Circuit Modelling of TiO2 Nanoflower based Devices for Better Understanding of Underlying Mechanism, International Workshop on Physics of Semiconductor Devices: IWPSD-2019, Novotel Hotel, Kolkata, India, 17-20 December 2019
- Partha Bhattacharyya, Debanjan Acharyya, Indranil Maity, Reduced Graphene Oxide-ZnO Nanotubes Based Binary Hybrid Structure as Room Temperature Ethanol Sensor, The Third International Conference on Advances in Sensors, Actuators, Metering and Sensing (ALLSENSORS 2018), Rome, Italy 25th -29th March, 2018
- Sanghamitra Ghosal, Indranil Maity and Partha Bhattacharyya, An Integrated CO2 Sensor Using TiO2NT/RGO Hybrid Sensing Layer with embedded Micro hot Plate, 2nd International Symposium on Devices, Circuits and Systems & Workshop on Optoelectronics (ISDCS 2019), Hiroshima University, Higashi-Hiroshima, Japan, 06-08 March, 2019