Dr. Jagadis Chandra Misra
Centre for Healthcare Science & Technology, IIEST, Shibpur
- D.Sc., Calcutta University, 1984
- Ph.D., Jadavpur University, 1971
- M.Sc., (Applied Mathematics) Calcutta University, 1966
- B.Sc., (Hons.) Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira, Belur Math, Calcutta University, 1964
- I.Sc., Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira, Belur Math, Calcutta University, 1961
- School Final W.B.S.E, 1959
- Mobile : +91 83738 43896
- Email : email@example.com
Area of Research
- Mathematical Modelling
- Physiological Fluid Dynamics
- Mechanics of Fluids and Solids
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- JC Misra, B Mallick, A Sinha, A Roy Chowdhury, Impact of Cattaneo-Christov heat flux on electroosmotic transport of third-order fluids in a magnetic environment, The European Physical Journal Plus, 133 (5), 2018
- Jc Misra, S Chandra, Effect Of Couple Stresses On Electrokinetic Oscillatory Flow Of Blood In The Microcirculatory System, 18(3), 2018
- Santanu Manna, Santimoy Kundu, JC Misra, Theoretical Analysis of Torsional Wave Propagation in a Heterogeneous Aeolotropic Stratum over a Voigt-Type Viscoelastic Half-Space, International Journal of Geomechanics, 18 (6), 2018
- JC Misra, GC Shit, R Pramanik, Non-Newtonian flow of blood in a catheterized bifurcated stenosed artery, Journal of Bionic Engineering 15 (1), 173-184, 2018
- J. C. Misra, A. Sinha and B. Mallick (2017), Stagnation point flow and heat transfer on a thin porous sheet : Applications to flow dynamics of the circulatory system, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications (Elsevier), vol. 470, 330-344
- J.C.Misra, G.C.Shit and R.Pramanik, Non-Newtonian flow of blood in a catheterized bifurcated a catheterized stenosed artery, Accepted for publication in Journal of Bionic Engineering (Elsevier), Manuscript No.:BIONIC-D-16-00085.
- J. C. Misra, S. D. Adhikary, B. Mallick and A. Sinha , Mathematical Modelling of blood flow in arteries subject to a vibrating environment, J. Mechs . Medicine and Biology (World Scientific), 1750063(20pages), DOI : 10.1142/ S0219519417500634
- S. Chandra and J. C. Misra, (2016): Influence of Hall current and micro-rotation on the boundary layer flow of an electrically conducting fluid: Application to Hemodynamics, Journal of Molecular Liquids (Elsevier), vol.224, Part A, 818-824.
- J. C. Misra and S.D. Adhikary, Flow of a Bingham fluid in a porous bed under the action of a magnetic field: Application to magneto-hemorheology, Engng. Sc.Tech-an International Journal (Elsevier), doi.org/10.1016/jestch.2016.11.008.
- J. C. Misra, B. Mallick and A. Sinha, (2016): Heat and Mass Transfer in asymmetric channels during peristaltic transport of an MHD fluid having temperature-dependent properties, Alex. Engng. Journal (Elsevier), doi.org./10.1016/j.aej/2016.09.021(16 pages).