Dr. Hafizur Rahaman
Professor & Head
Department of Information Technology
- B.E.(Electrical Engg.), B.E.College, Shibpur (Calcutta University)
- M.E.(Electrical Engg.), Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- PhD.(Computer Science and Engineering), Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Post Doctoral (2006-2007), Microelectronics & VLSI Division, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
- Post Doctoral (2008-2009), Microrlrctronics & VLSI Division, Univerity of Bristol, United Kingdom
- Office: 033 2668 4561 to 63 (Ext. 309/249)
- Fax: +91 33 2668 2916
- Mobile: +91 98365 33802
- Residence: Flat-2A, Block-3, Surya Niwas 5B Tiljala Road,Kolkata-700046,West Bengal, India
- EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Research
- Logic Synthesis
- VLSI Devices, Circuits and Systems
- CAD for Microfluidic Biochips
- Reversible Computing
- Digital Logic and Circuit Design
- Microprocessors and Microcontrollers
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- VLSI Testing
- Advanced System Architecture
Recent Publications (Selected)
- Anindita Chakraborty,Vivek Saurabh,Partha Sarathi Gupta,Rituraj Kumar,Saikat Majumdar,Smriti Das and Hafizur Rahaman, “In-Memory designing of Delay and Toggle flip-flops utilizing Memristor Aided loGIC (MAGIC)”, Integration, the VLSI Journal, (Elsevier), DOI: 10.1016/j.vlsi.2018.12.005, (Accepted and online available).
- L. Banerjee, A Sengupta, and H. Rahaman, “Carrier transport and thermoelectric properties of differently shaped Germanene (Ge) and Silicene (Si) nanoribbon interconnects", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 2019, vol.66 (1), pp.664-669.
- Sandip Bhattacharya,Subhajit Das, Arnab Mukhopadhyay, Debaprasad Das, and Hafizur Rahaman, “Analysis of Temperature Dependent Delay Optimization Model for GNR Interconnect Using Wire Sizing Method", Journal of Computational Electronics (Springer), DOI:10.1007/s10825-018-1251-4, (August 2018).
- Subhajit Das, Debaprasad Das, and Hafizur Rahaman, “Electro-thermal RF Modeling and Performance Analysis of Graphene Nanoribbon Interconnects”, Journal of Computational Electronics (Springer), 2018, DOI:10.1007/s10825-018-1245-2.
- Laxmidhar Biswal,Rakesh Das, Chandan Bandyopadhyay,Anupam Chattopadhyay and Hafizur Rahaman, “A Template-based Technique for Efficient Clifford+T-based Quantum Circuit Implementation”, Microelectronics Journal 81 (2018), pp.58-68 (Elsevier), (2018), DOI:10.1016/j.mejo.2018.08.011.
- Sudip Poddar, Robert Wille, Hafizur Rahaman and Bhargab B. Bhattacharya, “Error-Oblivious Sample Preparation with Digital Microfluidic Lab-on-Chip”, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, DOI: 10.1109/TCAD.2018.2864263, July 2018.
- Supriyo Srimani, Kasturi Ghosh, and Hafizur Rahaman, “Parametric Fault Detection of Analog Circuits based on Bhattacharyya Measure”, Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing (Springer), December 2017, Vol.93(3), pp 477–488.
- Sayan Kanunga, Sabir Ali Mondal, Sanatan Chottopadhyaya and Hafizur Rahaman, "Design and Investigation on Bio-Inverter and Bio-Ring-oscillator for Dielectrically Modulated Bio-sensing Applications", IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology 2017, Vol. 16(6), pp. 974 – 981.
- Sayan Kanungo, Sanatan Chattopadhyay, Kunal Sinha, Partha Sarathi Gupta, and Hafizur Rahaman, "A Device Simulation-Based Investigation on Dielectrically Modulated Fringing Field-Effect Transistor for Biosensing Applications", IEEE Sensors Journal, vol.17(5), pp.1399-1406, 2017.
- Partha Sarathi Gupta, Hafizur Rahaman, Kunal Sinha, and Sanatan Chattopadhyay,“An Optoelectronic Band-to-band Tunnel Transistor for Near-infrared Sensing Applications: Device Physics, Modeling, and Simulation”, Journal of Applied Physics 120, 084510 (2016); DOI:10.1063/1.4961426, (AIP Publishing) , (With PhD Student).
- Manodipan Sahoo and Hafizur Rahaman,"Modeling and Analysis of Crosstalk Induced Overshoot/Undershoot Effects in Multilayer Graphene Nanoribbon Interconnects and Its Impact on Gate Oxide Reliability", Microelectronics Reliability 63 (Elsevier), pp. 231-238.
- Sayan Kanungo, Sanatan Chattopadhyay, Partha Sarathi Gupta, Kunal Sinha and Hafizur Rahaman, "Study and Analysis of the Effects of SiGe Source and Pocket Doped Channel on Sensing Performance of Dielectrically-Modulated Tunnel FET based Bio-Sensors", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol.63(6), pp.2589 - 2596, 2016.
- Pranab Roy, Swati Saha, and Hafizur Rahaman, “Novel Wire Planning Schemes for Pin Minimization in Digital Microfluidic Biochips”, IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, 2016,Vol.25(11), pp-2245-3358, DOI:10.1109/TVLSI.2016.2541671.
- Sandip Bhattacharya, Debaprasad Das and Hafizur Rahaman,"Reduced Thickness Interconnect Model using GNR to Avoid Crosstalk Effects", Journal of Computational Electronics (JCEL) 2016, Vol. 15(2), pp 367–380, DOI: 10.1007/s10825-016-0794-5.
- Soumyajit Poddar, Prasun Ghosal, and Hafizur Rahaman, "Design of a High Performance CDMA Based Broadcast Free Photonic Multi Core Netweork on Chip" , ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems 2016, Vol. 15(1), Article No.(2), pp.1-30 .
- Partha Sarathi Gupta, Sanatan Chattopadhyay, Partha Sarathi Dasgupta and Hafizur Rahaman,“A Novel Photo-sensitive Tunneling Transistor For Near-Infrared Sensing Applications: Design, Modeling and Simulation”, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, (TED 2015), Vol.62(5), pp.1516-1523, DOI: 10.1109/TED.2015.2414172.
- Kamalika Datta, Indranil Sengupta, and Hafizur Rahaman,“A Post-Synthesis Optimization Technique for Reversible Circuits Exploiting Negative Control Lines”, IEEE Transactions on Computers 2015, vol. 64(4), pp.1208-1214.
- Sayan Kanungo, Sanatan Chattopadhyay, Partha Sarathi Gupta and Hafizur Rahaman, “Comparative Performance Analysis of the Dielectrically Modulated Full Gate and Short Gate Tunnel FET based Bio-Sensors”, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices (TED 2015), Vol.62(3), pp. 994 - 1001.
- Manodipan Sahoo, Prasun Ghosal and, Hafizur Rahaman,“Modeling and Analysis of Cross talk Induced Effects in Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube Bundle Interconnects: An ABCD Parameter Based Approach”, IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, March 2015, Vol.14(2), pp. 259 - 274, (With PhD Student).
- Debasis Mitra, Sarmishtha Ghoshal, Hafizur Rahaman, Krishnendu Chakrabarty, and Bhargab B. Bhattacharya,“Automated Washing Schemes for Residue Removal in Digital Microfluidic Biochips to Enhance Reliability”, ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems, 21(1): 17 (2015).
- Manodipan Sahoo, Prasun Ghosal and Hafizur Rahaman, “Performance Modeling and Analysis of Carbon Nanotube Bundles for Future VLSI Circuit Applications", Journal of Computational Electronics (Springer) 2014, Vol. 13(3), pp.673-688, DOI 10.1007/s10825-014-0587-7.
- Debaprasad Das and Hafizur Rahaman, “Modeling of Single-Wall Carbon Nanotube Interconnects for Different Process, Temperature, and Voltage Conditions and Investigating Timing Delay”, Journal of Computational Electronics (Springer) 2012, Vol. 11(4), pp. 349-363.
- Debaprasad Das and Hafizur Rahaman, “Crosstalk Overshoot/undershoot Analysis and its impact on Gate Oxide Reliability in Multi-wall Carbon Nanotube Interconnects”, Journal of Computational Electronics (Springer), 2011, Vol. 10(4), pp. 360-372.
- Debaprasad Das and Hafizur Rahaman, “Analysis of Crosstalk in Single- and Multi-Wall Carbon Nanotube Interconnects and its Impact on Gate Oxide Reliability", IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 1362-1370, Nov. 2011.