CSIR-SRF FellowEnrollment No.:
18 Jul 2013Registration No.:
05 Aug 2014Supervisor: Hafizur Rahaman
Topic: Design of Dielectrically Modulated Field Effect Transistor for Electrochemical Biosensing
- M.Tech (VLSI-Design)
- B.Tech (IT), GATE (CSE)
Research Area : Semiconductor Devices
Technical Skills : Semiconductor Device Design and Modelling, 2D Material Design and Modelling, Nanoelectronic Device Design, Numerical Device (Sentaurus TCAD and NanoTCAD Vides) Simulation, First Principle (Quantum Espresso, ATK QuantumWise) Simulation
Experimental Skills : 2D materials Synthesis and Characterization
Presently working at : Assistant Professor (Grade-I), BITS-Pilani, Hyderabad Campus
Work Experience :
Assistant Professor (Academic Level 12) in Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, BITS-Pilani, Hyderabad from July 2018 – Present
Research Associate (CSIR) in School of VLSI Technology, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur from May 2018 – July-2018
Senior Research Fellow (CSIR) in School of VLSI Technology, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur from April 2013 - March 2017
Project Faculty (SMDP-II) in School of VLSI Technology, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur from October 2012 - March 2013
Software Engineer in HCL Technologies, India from October 2008 - July 2009
- National Doctoral Fellowship- SRF awarded by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India in April’2013
- National Post-Doctoral Fellowship- RA awarded by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India in May’2018
- Recognition- Golden Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices awarded by Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers for 2018 and 2019
- Recognition- Trusted Reviewer for IOP awarded by Institute of Physics in September’2020
- Invited Talk- Delivered guest lecture through Webinar on the topic- “2D materials and its application in gas sensing and miniaturize transistor design” on 9th August’2020, organized by Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Agra (Deemed University by UGC).
- Invited Talk- Delivered guest lecture through Webinar on the topic- “Electronic Property Calculation of Materials using Density Functional Theory (DFT) Simulation” on 30th September’2020, organised by IEEE Education Society, New South Wales Chapter, Australia.
- Research Funding- Research Initiation Grant of INR 2 Lakhs, awarded by Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani on November’2018 (Ongoing)
- Research Funding- Outstanding Potential in Research and Academics Grant of INR 21 Lakhs, awarded by Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani on July’2018 (Ongoing )
- Research Funding- Start-up Research Grant of INR 11 Lakhs, awarded by DST-SERB, Govt. of India on October’2020 (Approved )
- Professional Membership- Associate Member of The Institution of Engineers (India), April’ 2010 – Present
- Professional Membership- Member of The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, December’ 2018 - Present (Electron Device Society, Nanotechnology Council and Sensor Council)
- Journal Reviewer- IEEE Trans. on Electron Device, IETE Technical Review, IET Circuits, Devices & Systems, IEEE Sensor Journal, IOP Engineering Research Express, Elsevier Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids
- Review Committee Member- International Conference on Modelling, Simulation & Intelligent Computing, Dubai, 2020, IEEE Sensor Conference, Netherland, 2020
- S. Kanungo, S. Chattopadhyay, P.S. Gupta and H. Rahaman, “Comparative Performance Analysis of the Dielectrically Modulated Full- Gate and Short-Gate Tunnel FET-Based Biosensors,” IEEE Trans. on Electron Device, Vol. 62, Issue. 3, pp. 994 - 1001 (2015)
- S. Kanungo, S. Chattopadhyay, P.S. Gupta, K. Sinha and H. Rahaman, “Study and Analysis of the Effects of SiGe Source and Pocket Doped Channel on Sensing Performance of Dielectrically-Modulated Tunnel FET based Bio-Sensors,” IEEE Trans. on Electron Device, Vol. 63, Issue. 6, pp. 2589 - 2596 (2016)
- S. Kanungo, S. Chattopadhyay, K. Sinha, P.S. Gupta and H. Rahaman, “A Device Simulation based Investigation on Dielectrically Modulated Fringing Field Effect Transistor for Biosensing Applications,” IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 17, Issue. 5, pp. 1399 - 1406 (2016)
- S. Kanungo, S. A. Mondal, S. Chattopadhyay, and H. Rahaman, “Design and Investigation on Bio-Inverter and Bio-Ring-oscillator for Dielectrically Modulated Biosensing Applications,” IEEE Trans. on Nanotechnology, Vol. 16, No. 6,pp. 974 - 981 (2017).
- S. Sharma, S. K. Ganeshan, P. K. Pattnaik, S. Kanungo, K. N. Chappanda, “Laser induced flexible graphene electrodes for electrochemical sensing of hydrazine,” Materials Letters, Vol. 262, pp. 127150 (2019).
- P. M. P. Raj, V J. Louis, S. K. Chatterjee, S. Kanungo, S. Kundu, “Ferroelectric Memristive Networks for Dimensionality Reduction: A Process for Effectively Classifying Cancer Datasets,” Integrated Ferroelectrics, Vol. 201, Issue.1, pp. 126-141 (2019).
- D. Som, B. Majumdar, S. Kundu, S. Kanungo ." Investigation of Charge Plasma Enhanced Tunnel Field Effect Transistor for Hydrogen Gas Sensing Application ". IEEE Sensors Letter, Vol. 4, Issue. 6 (2020).
- S. Kanungo, B. Majumdar, S. Mukhopadhyay, D. Som, S. Chattopadhyay, and H. Rahaman. " Investigation on the Effects of Substrate, Back-Gate Bias and Front-Gate Engineering on the Performance of DMTFET based Biosensors". IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 20, Issue. 18, pp. 10405-10414 (2020).
- P. K. R. Boppidi, P. Joshna, D. Som, H. Renuka, P. Biswas, D. Bhattacharyya, S. Kanungo, S. Banerjee, and S. Kundu, “Understanding the Efficacy of Cu in creating Oxygen Vacancies and Temperature Dependent Electrical Transport in Solution Processed Cu: ZnO Thin Films”, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, Vol.120, pp. 105331, (2020).
- V. Selamneni, S. Kanungo and P. Sahatya " Large area growth of SnS2/Graphene on cellulose paper as a flexible broadband photodetector and investigating the band structure through First Principle Calculations". ACS Electronic Materials (under review).
- A. Mukhopadhyay, S. Kanungo and H. Rahaman "Effect of Stacking Arrangement on Device Behavior of Bilayer MoS2 FETs ". Journal of Computational Electronics (under review).
- D. Som, A. Paul, Tanu, A. Mukhopadhyay, N. Thakur and S. Kanungo, “First Principle Calculation Based Investigation on the Two Dimensional Sandwiched Tri-layer Van der Waals Hetero-structures of MoSe2 and SnS2”, N Goel et al. (eds.), Modelling, Simulation and Intelligent Computing, Lecture notes in Electrical Engineering (Springer), 659, pp. 40-47 (2020).
- D. Som, S. Trivedi, A. Chatterjee and S. Kanungo, “Van der Waals Hetero-structures based on Transition Metal Di-Chalcogenides- Current Status and Prospects in Broad-Band Photo-detector Applications”, S. Goel et al. (eds.), Microelectronics and Signal Processing: Advanced Concepts and Applications , (Taylor & Francis), (Accepted).
- S. Kanungo, P.S. Gupta, H. Rahaman and PS Dasgupta “A Simple Analytical Model of Silicon On Insulator Tunnel FET,” 5th International Conference on Computers and Devices for Communication, Kolkata, India, Dec. 16-18, (2012).
- S. Kanungo, P.S. Gupta, H. Rahaman and PS Dasgupta “A detail simulation study on Extended Source Ultra-Thin Body Double-Gated Tunnel FET,” 5th International Conference on Computers and Devices for Communication, Kolkata, India, Dec. 16-18, (2012).
- S. Kanungo, P.S. Gupta and H. Rahaman, “Effects of Germanium mole fraction variation at the source of a dielectrically modulated Tunneling FET based biosensor,” 2nd International Conference on Devices Circits and Systems, Coimbatore, India, Mar. 6-8, (2014).
- S. Kanungo, S. Chattopadhyay and H. Rahaman, “Investigating the performance of Short Gate Insulator Less Dielectrically Modulated Tunnel Field Effect Transistor based Bio-Sensors,” 6th International Conference on Computers and Devices for Communication, Kolkata, India, Dec. 16-18, (2015).
- S. Kanungo, “Introduction to Dielectrically Modulated Biological Field Effect Transistor”, in proceedings of International Symposium on Devices, Circuits and Systems, March. 29-31 Kolkata, India (2018).